rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

#14046  by drmlabs
 Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:17 am
confusions_prince wrote: "We're going to take a break for Mr Weir to blow his nose..."
dude - he wasnt sick - there was some white stuff on his upper lip. Wonder what that was??

#14223  by lostsailor8782
 Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:28 am
I just saw a picture of Bob in a pink polo with the collar turned up in his luinge pose ... that was funny

#14244  by tigerstrat
 Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:44 pm
lostsailor8782 wrote:I just saw a picture of Bob in a pink polo with the collar turned up in his luinge pose ... that was funny
Throughout the 80's I only remember Bob in 4 different shirts: the pink polo (actually Izod Lacrosse), the SEVA T-shirt, the Mt. Tamalpais softball team shirt, and the black dress(business-casual?) shirt with the red and white medallion pattern. But the Izod was the classic!

+ very very very short cutoffs

#14350  by groovemongrel
 Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:15 pm
He gets pretty funny/weird at the end of Throwing Stones and Looks Like Rain.

#14381  by spilly
 Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:09 pm
my buddy once comented that we should go to our next show wearing the madanna shorts and tank tops bob loved in the 80's and call ourselves weir's queers, but ww realized that not to many people would take kindly to us poking fun at bob

#14383  by bodiddley
 Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:32 pm
Those sexy shorts you speak of are usually referred to as "Daisy Dukes". Speaking of Madonna, I believe in "The View from the Vault" DVD from '87 Bob is sporting a Madonna tour T-shirt. That's our boy.

#14395  by Shaggy
 Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:15 am
Honestly, does anyone here really find Bob funny? :|

I think it was one of those where Bob would annoy you (in a nice way) and be chattering away all day, then Jerry would say one word and the room would stop.

Like the Mick Jagger, Keith Richards thing - Keith makes one move and crowd go ten times as a wild than all of the stuff Jagger brought on.

#14397  by phreaker
 Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:27 am
To the poster who asked "is bobby really that funny?"

the answer is no. but he is quite goofy

#14400  by BlobWeird
 Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:20 am
I think Bobby is funny in a really cheesy way lol. And then there is the 60's Bobby where his humor was just wacked out hahah. But sure I get a kick out of Bobby. He's the man! But yeah I find Jerry to be more funny. Lets face it they are all a riot. I think its because of how they weren't like "famous" ya know? They consider the crowd just some of their buddies at times and just had a ball.

#14402  by b weird
 Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:35 am
I have a tape of this show from either the late 80's or early 90's where Bob just go's crazy at the end of Sunshine Daydream and at the end of the song he thanks the crowd in this REALLY high voice. I always get a kick out of that.

#20335  by Shooster
 Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:11 am
This is from the Ratdog show in Central Park a few days ago:

He's back at it again!!! The pepto pinkie!!! Not to mention the zebra strap...

#20570  by strumminsix
 Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:03 am
Shooster wrote:This is from the Ratdog show in Central Park a few days ago:

He's back at it again!!! The pepto pinkie!!! Not to mention the zebra strap...
Love it! Is that the same one as the 80s?

The 80s one was an Alembic, right? Or was it modulus?

#20655  by BuddhaG
 Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:28 pm
just listened to 10-12-68 and before they do dark star bob says, "we're going to do an elementary dance number, it's a foxtrot and also a ladies choice". it definitley got a giggle out of me. a great version of the song too!

#20694  by hotasaPistol
 Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:05 am
2-19-71....on my cd not sure if its on the new release as they are setting up the crowd is getting rowdy and Bobby says "just sit on it folks, just sit on it weir setting up....cracks me up
and I do think he is funny in a deadpan and sacastic understated way
Pistol

#20702  by IamDocWatson
 Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:50 am
Shaggy wrote:Honestly, does anyone here really find Bob funny? :|

I think it was one of those where Bob would annoy you (in a nice way) and be chattering away all day, then Jerry would say one word and the room would stop.

Like the Mick Jagger, Keith Richards thing - Keith makes one move and crowd go ten times as a wild than all of the stuff Jagger brought on.
i like bob more than jer in every way, humor included