Ratdog or Phil and Friends

Ratdog
36%
Phil Lesh and Friends
64%
 #20187  by StringCheeseSector9

Hard choice but i love Ratdog just for the setlist that they usually turn out but Phil just sounds so much like the dead its a hard choice...but Ratdog for me

#20196  by gratephulphish123

phil plus trey. bob sings better but phils rotatin gdoor band makes everything more interesting. dead songs as performed by a variety of musicians is more interesting than a static lineup, only because the deads static lineup was the best for dead songs. phil provides fresh musicians trying their hand at the dead

#20214  by lostsailor8782

I don't even bother going to see Phil ... can't stand to hear him sing ... Ratdog has FINALLY gotten pretty tight

#20217  by grateful4booze

Phil +1

#20221  by Erictw83

No saxophones for me thank you. My votes with Phil

#20223  by strumminsix

Ratdog all the way. Phil's ever changing line-up makes for an ever disappointing show. If he'd nail it down he'd get a tight band and the poll would be more even, IMO.

Love the saxophone! Very reminiscent of Legion of Mary.

#20234  by AugustWest

ratdog for me as well. I love phil lesh and his playing is still phenomenal but ratdog is rockin right now. I liked the Phil Quintet from 01-02. After that I've never really been able to get into any of his lineups. Bobby still does it for me. I wish phil would join rat dog. That would be the show for me. or phil should join DSO! please please please!
 #20236  by Candyman421

depends who the friends are, for the sake of that ratdog,

i agree with the above statement that ratdog has FINALLY gotten pretty tight,

i saw them in 2003? and it was bad. im talkin real bad

#20238  by CountryMile Cadillac

RatDog for sure. Bob's got a band and having a ball just as he always has.

Phil is picking the hip players and to my ears alot of the "soul" is gone from the music. I agree that it would be better if he had a steady group of guys he played with, let it mesh more. And by no means should W.Haynes be allowed to sing any Garcia nor Weir songs when he is playing with Phil.

So yea RatDog!! all the way

#20240  by krzykat

Phil me up!

yet at the same time . . .

Rat dog has gotten tight. M.K. has stepped up (best wishes go out to him).
Saw rat dog on the 9th in central park and had a great time

I still say phil

#20245  by sarraqum

Still, Phil is ahead in the poll...

#20247  by strumminsix

sarraqum wrote:Still, Phil is ahead in the poll...
I think some people who posted for ratdog didn't vote.

#20263  by humboldtnorm

I think Phil has much more musical creativity than Bob/ RatDog. The lineup with Warren/Jimmy/Barraco/Molo was pretty amazing. They took it to new levels for me. That being said, Ratdog is has become respectable jam band in recent years. And hey they're out there touring as we speak, Phil is barely playing this summer...
Overall I think its o.k. not to take sides.

#20271  by CountryMile Cadillac

Overall I think its o.k. not to take sides.
Spoken like a true gentleman. I concure, We love these guys right? So why take sides.

But I still think Rat dog is more enjoyable....