#20066  by b weird

I never went to a Dead show but I would have to say my "bathroom song" would have been "Must Have Been The Roses". No offence to all MHBTR fans but the slower lat '80's early '90's versions are just boring, I like the '70's versions better.

#20081  by CountryMile Cadillac

I could have never walked away from a Loser, especially outdoors. I don't what it was, but that song was meant to be played outside. I can't explain it, never felt right indoors.

As for Warf Rat and China Doll, it was all about the build up and then it was time to let go, no pun intended...

#20085  by jahozer

I usually dont consider myself a "slow" fan, but all those kept me in my spot. Actually I got kinda bummed out at the climax songs like Good lovin or Miracle. It meant the show was over soon... :cry:
I may incur some wrath, but Stella Blue never did much for me. I had a bet with a friend of mine that I would see one that blew me away. I never did, but heard a few on tape.
Now there were some definite bathroom songs for me.Mostly later songs for me.
Little Red Rooster-just on general principle I went and got a beer.
Corrina
Picasso Moon
Wave to the Wind-Absolutely HORRIBLE
Built to Last
Mobile Blues
CC Rider
Days Between

#20086  by bodiddley

Loser is probably my least favorite of the bunch. Love 'em all though.

#20087  by CountryMile Cadillac

Days Between

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!! That is one Jerry's best songs.I remember sitting beside one of the lakes at Deer Creek (a mishap of a the "misplaced ticket") and hearing that song for the first time. A bunch of folks were sitting there in Awe of what we had just heard. That is an amazing song way too big to descirbe. Give it some more listens and I bet you wish that your bladder was bigger....

#20099  by ronster

If my memory serves me, the term "bathroom song" was never part of the dead scene until 79 or 80 when Brent joined. Before then most everybody would wait until between sets and during drums to go. I believe "Easy to Love You" was the first true bathroom song that created mass exodus to the stalls.

#20108  by strumminsix

ronster wrote:If my memory serves me, the term "bathroom song" was never part of the dead scene until 79 or 80 when Brent joined. Before then most everybody would wait until between sets and during drums to go. I believe "Easy to Love You" was the first true bathroom song that created mass exodus to the stalls.
That makes me so sad to hear!

I wonder if it was Brent or because he was the new guy??

#20109  by jahozer

lol
I knew Id get some heat on that!
Some of the lyrics in that song are beautiful.
Until...
when phantom ships with phantom sails
set to sea on phantom tides
I mean, dude...
I just cant get past it.
That and its at a grinding kinda pace that I just didn't have the patience for back in the day.

#20137  by ronster

Easy to love you was like hearing a Carpenters tune in the middle of a Dead show. I think Brent was pretty well accepted and respected as keyboard player when he first joined but most people I knew would have prefered if he stayed out of the singer/song writer business.

#20139  by IamDocWatson

hold it in man youre at a deadshow theres no bathroom breaks

#20319  by krzykat

Corrina, Eternity, Samba in the Rain now those are bathroom songs!

#20320  by krzykat

strumminsix wrote:
ronster wrote:If my memory serves me, the term "bathroom song" was never part of the dead scene until 79 or 80 when Brent joined. Before then most everybody would wait until between sets and during drums to go. I believe "Easy to Love You" was the first true bathroom song that created mass exodus to the stalls.

I have to agree!, I don't know if it was that my first show was with Brent in 1980, but I think Brent brought the blues back to the dead, and I am very grateful he got into the singer/song writer game. The first song my daughter heard out of the womb was I will take you home

#20322  by strumminsix

krzykat wrote:
strumminsix wrote:

I have to agree!, I don't know if it was that my first show was with Brent in 1980, but I think Brent brought the blues back to the dead, and I am very grateful he got into the singer/song writer game. The first song my daughter heard out of the womb was I will take you home
Exactly! Brent totally inject blues, soul & R&B back into the GD!

#20360  by krzykat

to say it simply BRENT WAS THE FUCKIN MAN!!!