Place for the rest of the music
 #174665  by Feedback11

Hey guys!!! Me and some buddies of mine spent this past year recording an album as part of my senior capstone project. It includes Dark star and a brief Caution, but also some Dead-inspired jams and a cover of Third Stone From the Sun. Give it a listen and let me know what you think!!!
https://gumpanbaud.bandcamp.com/album/bochqxs
Orion liked this
 #174666  by Jon S.

Greetings, fellow Virginian. I'm listening to your first cut, Third Stone From The Sun pt​.​1, now. I'm digging it! Your version is relatively sparse, instrumentally - you left a lot of open air, for lack of a better phrase - and that's what makes it different, interesting, and engaging, in addition to the Garcia influences I hear in some of your phrasing (as opposed to Hendrix or Lukather, whose versions obviously are also wonderful).
 #174667  by Jon S.

Now I'm listening to Caution.

I like your drummer's opening beat. It's along the lines of a softer version of Ginger Baker's killer beat on this song. https://youtu.be/I2vnaPrqmf8

I'm going to keep listening to the full album!
 #174668  by Jon S.

OP, will you be back?! :cry:

I finished listening to all of it. Seriously, I totally enjoyed your recordings. Really nice! :rockon:
 #174672  by Feedback11

First of all, thank you so much for listening!!! I'm really glad you like it. I hadn't heard of Lukather before your comment, what an awesome version of the song, I think I'll have to check out some of his other stuff. I also hadn't heard that Masters of Reality song, the drum beat is really similar. I know my drummer friend likes Ginger Baker, but I'll have to send him the song, I think he'll get a kick out of it. Again Thanks so much for listening, I really appreciate it! :biggrin:
Jon S. liked this
 #175339  by natebernstein

Nice work! Good performances throughout. Especially the drummers. I like the sparse arrangement and the sequencing. Definitely hear shades of a 60s DS toward the middle/end of the Em Jam - nice transition. Chirping birds/"playing the head" after the DS freak-out are a nice touch to bring you back to ordinary reality. A great listen. Thanks for sharing.
 #175464  by grandexred

Feedback11 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:02 am I have been using iOS app development services for my project that involves voice recording and editing features. I must say that I am very impressed by their professionalism, quality, and speed. They have delivered a stunning app that works flawlessly on iPhones, iPads, and Apple Watches. The app has a sleek design, intuitive interface, and powerful functionality. It allows me to record, trim, enhance, and share my audio files with ease. The app also integrates with various digital recorders, such as ShurePlus MOTIV, which offer superior sound quality and versatility. I highly recommend Intellectsoft for anyone looking for iOS app development services, especially for voice recording apps. They are the best in the business.
good one