#175344  by Tennessee Jedi

Its been a few years since I had something to record practice with - whats everyone using these days ?
Any advice is appreciated.
 #175346  by natebernstein

Hi! Like with many things, it depends upon your needs. Are you trying to just record yourself, or an ensemble? What do you want to do with the recordings? If it's just for recording band or individual-musician practice and listening for what went right/wrong, there are lots of options — the most basic being just a voice memo or video on an iPhone. There are also a number of remote/wireless mics that plug into iPhone/Andriod that folks use for social-media videos, which could improve the quality of the audio you record using this method. If your band is playing through a PA during rehearsals and everyone's mic'd up via a mixer, you might be able to use a line-out that would connect with an audio interface and digital-audio workstation software like Logic, ProTools, Ableton, etc. Usability would depend on the mixer in question and its capabilities, obviously. Sorry if this seems basic or not as helpful as you wanted. A little more info about your needs would help people provide the best information for you.
Tennessee Jedi liked this
 #175349  by Tennessee Jedi

strumminsix wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:30 am Hey TJ, at this point, I'd grab an audio interface and go right to a laptop.
I like that idea since I would be able to edit right on the laptop and not have to have a memory card or to upload to another device.
Thanks for replying kind sir.
 #175350  by Tennessee Jedi

strumminsix wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:30 am Hey TJ, at this point, I'd grab an audio interface and go right to a laptop.
I like that idea since I would be able to edit right on the laptop and not have to have a memory card or to upload to another device.
Thanks for replying kind sir.
 #175351  by Tennessee Jedi

natebernstein wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:51 am What do you want to do with the recordings?
Mostly to grab practice sessions / gigs
Few years back I had a Zoom -Id set it up in the room and then edited songs on my computer.
Zoom died and I was wondering what guys are using now.

Thank you
 #175452  by grandexred

Tennessee Jedi wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:45 am Its been a few years since I had something to record practice with - whats everyone using these days ?
Any advice is appreciated. I have been using iOS app development services for my project that involves voice recording and editing features. I must say that I am very impressed by their professionalism, quality, and speed. They have delivered a stunning app that works flawlessly on iPhones, iPads, and Apple Watches. The app has a sleek design, intuitive interface, and powerful functionality. It allows me to record, trim, enhance, and share my audio files with ease. The app also integrates with various digital recorders, such as ShurePlus MOTIV, which offer superior sound quality and versatility. I highly recommend Intellectsoft for anyone looking for iOS app development services, especially for voice recording apps. They are the best in the business.
I have been using a Zoom H4n Pro Handy Recorder for my practice sessions, and I am very happy with it. It is a portable device that can record high-quality audio in various formats, such as WAV, MP3, or M4A. It has two built-in microphones, as well as two XLR inputs for external mics or instruments. It also has a lot of features, such as effects, metronome, tuner, and overdubbing. It is easy to use, and the battery life is decent. I can transfer the files to my computer via USB or SD card. It is a great tool for recording and reviewing my practice, and I think it is worth the price.