Chat about Equipment Info
 #17524  by AugustWest

Whenever the guitar player from railroad earth takes a solo (live) his acoustic guitar has the same tone. It sounds almost electric. does anybody know what he uses to get this sound? I think it might be an overdrive/compressor of some form I was just wondering if anybody has any idea on how to get that tone on an acoustic.

preemptive thanks

#17534  by tigerstrat

Does he use a magnetic soundhole pickup? Pretty easy to get electric guitar tones that way.

#17537  by jck_strw

FWIW--I asked this once on the RRE board. A former merch guy gave me this reply:

hey man....todd uses the fender "acousticman"? I believe that's the title of the amp....the beige one....it's older so I'm not sure if it's different then the new ones. He uses a distortion pedal which is used for a lot of his solos....he also has the boss delay ( not sure if it's the dd3 or dd5 ) the delay is either the yellow or orange but it's one of those. I used to be the merch guy and play guitar, I remember asking Todd the same question and having this convo with him but it was a while ago....I'll see if I can find out more info for you! I know the amp is right though. Good luck, email me if you have anymore questions, I'll see what I can dig up for you!