#175155  by telecowboy

strumminsix wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:47 am LSS:
+ fighting + drama
+ posts deleted
+ board taken offline
+ board restored
+ some search and links are broken
+ but everyone's glad to be home
This is really such a shame. I've got back through basically the entire Jerry Tone forum, and it is amazing how much was lost. There is so much information out there that seems to still be on a server somewhere, because you can see part of the post, but no archive method I know of works to view it. Really disappointing.

In that case, I think we need to liven up the forum again. Maybe start asking some of these old questions again in new threads. While a lot of the information is the same, we know we are learning new things often and throwing previously conceived assumptions like blasters and humbucker split wirings out the window.

I'm aiming to become more active on here and restart conversation, especially around information that has been lost for new and old members alike.
 #175157  by Jon S.

+ fighting + drama
+ posts deleted
+ board taken offline
+ board restored
Self-deleted in the interest of peace (the ability to also delete Strumminsix's quote is beyond my control).
Last edited by Jon S. on Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
brbadg liked this
 #175159  by Jon S.

The Gear Page's (TGP) Administrators have a simple approach to disgruntled members. What you post on the forum is public domain information. You can leave the forum anytime you wish but you don't have the right to demand afterwards that the Administrators delete your public content, nor will the Administrators do so. This is, I believe, as it should be.
 #175160  by Jon S.

Slewfoot, is there anything, specifically, you're missing from the old forum days? E.g., one of the most commonly requested sets of info. is on mods to a Twin Reverb circuit to emulate Jerry's TR preamp. In anticipation of the meltdown, I copied and saved that info. beforehand and can repost it if you wish as it became public domain info. the moment it was posted publicly.
 #175163  by strumminsix

Jon S. wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:36 am
+ fighting + drama
+ posts deleted
+ board taken offline
+ board restored
Or if you prefer it in song: https://youtu.be/54cbCutzpyM?si=SEAW9fkCh0GPpjDK
Did you really write a song with your beef against Waldo and then promote it here?

Rule 1. Be kind.
Gr8fulCadi liked this
 #175165  by Jon S.

Uh-hum? This is a music forum. I wrote, recorded, and released the song long ago. My signature has included a link to the album with the song also for ages. I posted a direct link to it here for the first time now because it matches your own summary of the events you just now saw fit to post.

Last word is yours if you want it (this truly isn't worth more bandwidth).
 #175172  by Chocol8

Jon S. wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:57 am Slewfoot, is there anything, specifically, you're missing from the old forum days? E.g., one of the most commonly requested sets of info. is on mods to a Twin Reverb circuit to emulate Jerry's TR preamp. In anticipation of the meltdown, I copied and saved that info. beforehand and can repost it if you wish as it became public domain info. the moment it was posted publicly.
Not only would I like to see the info, I think it would be great to have on the forum as a reference to point others to.