#175084  by Stardarkashes

Anybody know when they’re in the jam and they keep coming to reach crescendo and then on the last one right before they do the wind in the Willows versus Jerry does a quick run that sounds Pentatonic to me and I’m probably just being lazy but if anybody knows it and can explain really quick or tab it out I’d appreciate it. Thank you.
 #175146  by Stardarkashes

This is what I’ve been trying to figure out to and I think it’s just a run in B mixolydian in triplets and I’ve listened to several versions and he varies it obviously from show to show but that’s basically what it is. Sometimes he does it five or six times and sometimes he does it seven or eight times depending. And then he ends it going into the E chord with notes C# D# and then E chord on “wind ༄” etc. So it would be sometimes started with an a note, but probably usually on the B note so it would be as follows: B C# D# C# D# E D# E F# E F# G# F# G# A G# A B A B C# A B C# D# E(chord on “wind ༄” I may be wrong at the end, except for the last few notes, which is a walk up into the E chord. But it’s basically the triplet motif in B mixoLydian, and then at some point he abandons that and does a few melodic notes going into the walk up, and it seems to be different each time, but he usually starts at about the same and he might start it on the A note, or on the B note as the first note of the triplet run, but the triplet situation is the same. In other words, he might start on the flat seven so technically it would start on the A and to B C# B C# D# etc. Hopefully this will help a little bit as a jumping off point even though I may be wrong for some of it.