#17432  by nicolasalk

I want to hear a complete and well played terrapin station with no mistkes in the lyrics and with a great jam.

I know it has to be something very special but i would like to hear the best or one of the best versions of this incredible song.

i apriciatte answers thank you very much

#17435  by caspersvapors

the first on they did was really damn good, uptempo. I personally like DP 10, 12-29-77. Jerry has a really badass tone on Wolf that owns that end jam
paulinnc liked this

#17442  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

I think Boston Garden 5-7-77 is a great version. Also a very big fan of the song's debut at the Swing Auditorium on 2-26-77.

However, IMO nothing can top the studio version on some shrooms.
paulinnc liked this

#17443  by bodiddley

Check out the "Terrapin" release from 3-15-90...very good. The one from 5-7-77 is very good also but really there are a ton of excellent versions out there. Don't be too picky, part of being a head is forgiving their many blunders.

#17450  by shakedown_04092

I like Englishtown 9/3/77, I think.

#17460  by BuddhaG

Crazy 9.5 Fingers wrote:I think Boston Garden 5-7-77 is a great version. Also a very big fan of the song's debut at the Swing Auditorium on 2-26-77.

However, IMO nothing can top the studio version on some shrooms.
This man speaks the truth, listened to the whole album one night while partaking with a few good friends and the Terrapin suite just blew me (us) away. Everything is so well articulated its just the way it was meant to be, I have some very vivid imagery from that night :smile:

#17462  by cuznt

i can remember being squished in front frantically screaming terrapin~!! like the rest of em easter weekend philly civic center. first night. it probably was not the best one the ever did.. but i thought so at the time... ha!

it was specifically
04/19/84 (Thu) Philadelphia Civic Arena - Philadelphia, PA
Set 1: Bertha > Greatest Story Ever Told, Loser, CC Rider, Bird Song, Hell In A Bucket, Big Railroad Blues, Music Never Stopped > Don't Ease Me In

Set 2: China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider, Estimated Prophet > Terrapin Station > Drums > The Wheel > Wharf Rat > Sugar Magnolia, E: It's All Over Now Baby Blue

This show has an average rating of 4.40 out of 5 votes.

i was working for a pipe restoration company specifically sewer pipe rehab with tv gear and remote fix etc. and got to travel to a lot of places and see considerably more show than would have been possible for me. one weekend while home, un beknownst to me, they gave me a new truck. "don't worry", they said, "we put your tape deck in the new truck and cleaned out all the garbage..... the garbage was about 25+ tickets :-((
i got over it somewhat.

#17514  by BuddhaG

fuckers! oooh well, at least you remember what is worth remembering :)

and i guess you can't really be that mad, considering your employer helped you see a lot more dead than you would have otherwise... although those little scraps of paper are the proof the real artifact is whats left of the memories.

i've never been to a show with jerry but hearing all the stories on this site makes me feel as close as possible, in conjuction with that wonderful old thing called the archive.

p.s. thanks to all the tapers out there, and sorry for the off-topicness, i didnt start it i swear!

#17527  by tigerstrat

Two of my faves occurred exactly one year apart:

4/15/88 Rosemont, IL
4/15/89 Milwaukee, WI this one might be the cake-taker for me...

also love:

10/6/79 Philly ...HUGE jam
7/18/90 Deer Creek
2/28/81 Chicago
4/12/83 Binghamton
6/20/88 Alpine Valley
7/16/88 Berkeley

#17532  by strumminsix

Many consider 03/18/77 Winterland Arena, San Francisco, CA, to be the most complete as it includes Alhambra.

#17550  by smile_smile_smile

i think you mean 11/6/79 tigerstrat....i like 6/7/77 terrapin dew wah woooooooo!!!

#17552  by tigerstrat

smile_smile_smile wrote:i think you mean 11/6/79 tigerstrat
Precisely. Thanks for the correction... amazing set II with only Terrapin> Playin before the drums.

#17554  by Robey

an interesting version occurred on 7.22.84. weir does this great feedback that i have not heard him do in another version. probably not the *best* version, but a nice one nonetheless.

#17600  by AugustWest

not album precise but my favorite is 3-24-87 great run of shows from hampton to hartford. Best post terrapin jam I've heard yet. I think I've posted this before on another thread but oh well.

#17643  by smile_smile_smile

hey tigerstrat etree has the 11/6/79 show second set only nice audience recording