name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #16418  by Stellar Blues

Hello all. Sven here. My first post.

I've just picked up a new, deep-red Fender Zone bass after many years away from it all. It's well balanced to hold and I love the tone. It's a full-sized but lighter model with active electronics. I'll post a pic of it when I get permission for an avatar. Also picked up a very portable 12" SWR practice amp.

Hoping to get back into it and soon find some friendly folks locally to jam with.

Looks like a super web site here. I'm hooked!

Cheers.

#16421  by revned_04

ok
so is it true that vancouver has amazng pot, cause thats what ive heard but ive never been ther?
 #16425  by Stellar Blues

The grass is always greener across the line.

Yes, the herb is big industry in the backwoods and keeps more than a few little towns afloat with cash.

#16436  by strumminsix

welcome aboard! post pics!

#16441  by Stellar Blues

Hi strumminsix,

How do you include a pic in your message?

That is, I think the file location reference needs to be in the middle of the Img image code, but how to you point to the file on the hard drive?

Thanx in advance!

#16442  by Rev_Roach

love your name. welcome aboard!

#16444  by jck_strw

[quote="Stellar Blues"]That is, I think the file location reference needs to be in the middle of the Img image code, but how to you point to the file on the hard drive?/quote]

AFAIK, you can't upload a pic from your hard drive directly into a message. Using the Img button means that you need to have your pic on a webserver somewhere. If you don't have a webserver, you can create a Flickr/ImageShack/Photobucket/etc. account and upload your pics there. And then, you would use the Img button to reference the pic on your Flickr/ImageShack/Photobucket/etc. site.

Let me know if this isn't clear. Always willing to help a bud from Vancouver. ;)
 #16445  by Stellar Blues

Oh, I see.
No wonder it wouldn't work. :-?

OK, I'll create an account to upload to, then use the Img commands around the url of the item.

:-)

#16550  by shakedown_04092

Sweet bass!

#16551  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Welcome to the mix. I am going to post a ton so I can ace this Donna avatar.

Something odd about seeing Crazy 9.5 Fingers next to Donna Jean.

#16558  by tigerstrat

Vancouver, Canada or Washington? (the green reference applies in both cases, but 'round here, "BC" denotes a slightly lower-grade/lower-price than local OR/WA [presumably mostly indoor], but still very kind compared to what is available in most of the U.S.)

I ask because I might soon be lookin for bass for a Portland-area project...
 #16563  by Stellar Blues

Hi,

Sorry fella, I'm in BC

Having fun today. Despite encouragement by others to look at phish tunes, today's ditty was Message in a Bottle - quick and upbeat.

Was also looking at the Les Claypool bass lines for Jerry was a Race Car Driver. I can see how it's done and hear it, but one would need a lot of practise with left and right hand tapping in order to sound like anything! :shock:

Plus it requires a 6-string bass.

#16567  by b weird

I am going to post a ton so I can ace this Donna avatar.

Something odd about seeing Crazy 9.5 Fingers next to Donna Jean.
Don't worry Crazy 9.5 you only need FIVE more posts before you ditch Donna. :lol:

#16568  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Make it 4.