#158681  by tommybo

nice job ! love the slightly slower pace - too many bands plow thru it like a freight train - and I love the girls singing - can I steal them from you ? just kidding ! your band is one of the better ones doing JGB - keep up the good work ! peace
 #158695  by ac4468

MattMan wrote:Nice! Good tone. You're playing the Jerry swing very well--hard to do!
Ditto on the "Jerry Swing"! Really flows just naturally. Short scale SG, mahogany, solid state Quilter.... It really goes to show you how much of this really boils down to technique. Sounds great, keep the videos coming!
 #158701  by FrettyBoy

Excellent! I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think you folks have THE BEST JGB sound around. It's such a pleasure to hear vocals that are all on pitch, and sung soulfully. Bravo to all singers!

I also think your playing and sound is excellent.

There is a Jerry band that is currently playing theaters nationally that are woefully inadequate in the vocal department, and sound to me like an average bar band. If they can play theaters, you guys should be able to do stadiums. ;0)

I'd go see you folks in a heartbeat. All the best to you!
 #158708  by joethepainter

+1 on Jerry Swing! Smooth and flowing lines, tasteful embellishments, sweet tone ( I like that Quilter!). Vocals are pro, the youtube vid's mix could stand some tweaking; on the 'Harder they come' lines, your vocs drop out and I hear just the girls...not that it's a bad thing! You all can really sing, so that's nice. Great ensemble playing, drums and bass remind me of Tutt and the Mule, keys are dialed in...I liked it :-)
 #158713  by tcsned

Your tone is excellent, those Quilter amps are really nice. Great playing by you and the whole band. Ya'll got a great thing going on!
 #158736  by RLW

Recent gig in London - Cosmic Charlies at Fiddlers Elbow in Camden Town. Nice long show, great vibe, good music --- loads of Americans in GD kit ... lol ... If you're UK based - you probably know them, but if not - check them out on FB - go check out their next gig.
 #158740  by gdeloian

Thanks to all for the kind words. Glad you guys enjoyed. Yea, the sound guy that night was in orbit, so crumby sound for sure...hope to meet all of you at a show sometime. Come say hello!

Best,

Garrett