#157805  by dgans

Greetings! Brad Sarno suggested I post this here.

I have a McIntosh 250 power amp that I got in a gear trade with Bob Weir in the mid-'80s. I am thinking of selling it to raise money for a CD project.

Any idea what it's worth?
 #157814  by TI4-1009

THE David Gans??? If so, welcome to our little corner of DeadWorld!
 #157817  by dgans

I can only attest to being "a" David Gans, but I suspect I'm the one you think I am.
 #157827  by MattMan

Hi David,

Recommend you do three things if time permitting. First, list on Reverb or eBay for market--if clean and working you can get $800-$1000. List with "make an offer" enable. Shipping will be around $30 or less so you can add $30 for shipping or list as free shipping. I find things sell quicker with free shipping (something psychological about that). Include several close pics. Finally, post the link to the Reverb or ebay listing here in the Classified section under a new Topic. Should sell quickly. Cheers, Matt
 #157840  by JustinJohn

Heya David!! Justin here from GBB in Portland!! Welcome to us Jerry dudes' groovy, weird, techie online hideaway!

MattMan's post above is right on the money... there's also a subforum here on RUkind called "Garage Sale" where you may wanna post it as well, especially if finding a Dead-friendly home for the Mac is a priority. Considering the pedigree on the piece, I can't imagine you'll have much trouble finding an awesome home for it, no matter where you list it. =)

:smile: :smile: :smile:
 #157845  by dgans

Thanks. Posted in that thread too.