#157202  by wleeds

Here is our little band from Toronto - Mark T Band - Althea from the other night - 1st time played

Guitar gear is really simple - 87 Strat plus with gold Lace sensor's -> BFDR w/JBL D120(all original) - there is an Earth Drive in the rig but not engaged here.
Hope you like -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4a3ikN ... e=youtu.be
 #157204  by shadowboxer

I like it. A good loose and funky feeling to it. You've got some fast fingers on those runs, any Jimmy herring influence? And were those vistalite dums?
 #157208  by wleeds

shadowboxer wrote:I like it. A good loose and funky feeling to it. You've got some fast fingers on those runs, any Jimmy herring influence? And were those vistalite dums?
thanks!
Yes Vistalite drums.

No Herring influence really. My heros - the obvious - Jerry - recently Jack Pearson

here is another clip - Earth Drive engaged. I LOVE this pedal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiwgR1T ... e=youtu.be
 #157209  by Searing75

1:02 of the They Love Each Other clip. That is some cool sh*t!
 #157210  by James-T

Awesome playing Mark! Looks like you caught some great weather out west too!

That's an awesome bar rig!

Peace,

James
 #157211  by wleeds

James-T wrote:Awesome playing Mark! Looks like you caught some great weather out west too!

That's an awesome bar rig!

Peace,

James
Hey James - sorry we couldn't hook up - next time

It is actually my go to rig these days. I'm playing in a lot of different situations -
Strat or tele -> TU2 -> Teese pic Wah -> Earth Drive - > Gain Changer -> Bypass switch(MXR 100 - old one) -> Flashback Delay -> 66BFDR w/JBL D120
Gotham cables
in a noisy room I'll use the laces, othe wise Strat Plus w/CS69's, or 52ri telecaster for my country gigs

cheers
 #157212  by strumminsix

wleeds wrote:
shadowboxer wrote:I like it. A good loose and funky feeling to it. You've got some fast fingers on those runs, any Jimmy herring influence? And were those vistalite dums?
thanks!
Yes Vistalite drums.

No Herring influence really. My heros - the obvious - Jerry - recently Jack Pearson

here is another clip - Earth Drive engaged. I LOVE this pedal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiwgR1T ... e=youtu.be
Probably some of the tastiest solo's and improv over TLEO that I've heard. Appreciated you playing then familiar than completely abandoning it too!!
 #157213  by Gr8fulCadi

Searing75 wrote:1:02 of the They Love Each Other clip. That is some cool sh*t!
That was pretty cool with the harmonic bend up. Great and laidback playing for sure. Love the DR, can get some smokin tones out of it. Just wanted to comment that I literally have 2 Orange frame D120f's being shipped as I type and your tone with em removed my buyers remorse, :smile: thx!!
Im moving the beyma's out for the D120f's to tame the volume a bit with my super reverb head/SMS mc250, again thx for the clip, great playing!!
 #157228  by wleeds

Gr8fulCadi wrote:
Searing75 wrote:1:02 of the They Love Each Other clip. That is some cool sh*t!
That was pretty cool with the harmonic bend up. Great and laidback playing for sure. Love the DR, can get some smokin tones out of it. Just wanted to comment that I literally have 2 Orange frame D120f's being shipped as I type and your tone with em removed my buyers remorse, :smile: thx!!
Im moving the beyma's out for the D120f's to tame the volume a bit with my super reverb head/SMS mc250, again thx for the clip, great playing!!
thanks!!!

I have a 73 twin - all mods done except preamp out- with the orange JBl's. I'll never sell them. I also have a couple of K120's almost new. I haven't tried the beyma's but i've tried neo mags(?) and california's. close, but not jbl's. Interestingly, a lot of folks tell me the JBL's are shrilly. I show them mine and they change their tune. Probably one of the most natural sounding speakers I've heard. and wholly durable. Enjoy yours!
 #157261  by Alligator

Sounds great.I like your simple rig, I roll like that myself. I watched Jeff Mattson play with just a Distortion+, Wah, and phase 100. That's kind of my rig now with a strat and an old twin. :smile: :D :-)