#15629  by Darkhorse014

live dead pretty much takes it for me, but a close second is the three disc Filmore West compilation from 1969. Actually, that whole disc two is insane......

CD Two
1.Dupree's Diamond Blues[(my favorite version jerry is on fireeee!)]
2.Mountains Of The Moon
3.Dark Star->
4.St.Stephen->(exciting version)
5.The Eleven->
6.Death Don't Have No Mercy(great version, like i said b4)

i've had that one in the cd player for weeks i dont get sick of it, the whole 3 discs are pretty sick.

Peace and Love brothers and sisters
Rory

#15632  by caspersvapors

later versions:

10/9/89 and 9/29/89
^undisputable

early versions:

3/26/68 <love this one
8/22/68
2/22/69 <I wish there was a version of this that didnt have a cut because Jerry plays such a ferocious solo, its a shame there isnt a full version of it

the one on the fillmore west set is pretty good too

#15637  by Rev_Roach

one of my faves is about as old as you can get. Jan 6 1966 acid test. fantastic!

The Fillmore Acid Test
Fillmore Auditorium, San Francisco, CA
January 8, 1966
1. Stage Chaos/More Power Rap
2. King Bee
3. I'm A Hog For You Baby
4. Caution: Do Not Step On Tracks >
5. Death Don't Have No Mercy
6. Star Spangled Banner / closing remarks

#15642  by BlobWeird

Im with darkhorse on this one. The one from that 3disc box set is unbelievably good man.

#15644  by ronster

Hot Tuna - Berkeley 1970 on their first album. I'm sure Gary Davis has some amazing versions but I don't have any.
 #15653  by causebass

I just listened to my first Rev Gary Davis CD this past weekend, Harlem Street Singer..the Rev's version of Death Don't Have is freaking amazing..it will tear you soul out..so so powerful, makes all other versions seem lame

#15657  by Rev_Roach

he has recordings? I figured he was too old for that. I need to check that out!

#15658  by nicolasalk

Oh yes, but i want the Grateful dead versions, because i've never listened to Hot Tuna and i don't know where to get a concert of those guys

#15660  by ronster

I have a double album (an actual record) by Gary Davis but no turntable hooked up to listen to it.
Have not been able to hear it in a long time. The man is amazing. lets go rangers

#15668  by tigerstrat

My preference is for 4/6/69 Avalon

#22045  by DudeWithTheFan

October 9th 1989

freaking AMAZING

#22074  by AugustWest

call me a front runner but I agree 10/9/89 is in a class by itself for me. One of my favorite brent solo's ever.