#155147  by hippieguy1954

Just MHO, I would rewire the whole thing. I'm sure you can make due with what's there, but even the cap I see is less than desirable. No ground buss and a cheap 5 way switch. I see what is probably the buffer. Not a Wald buffer. Either way, this diagram might be clearer for you.
forum/viewtopic.php?f=426&t=15887&p=152 ... ng#p152957
 #155148  by Darkstar860

hippieguy1954 wrote:Just MHO, I would rewire the whole thing. I'm sure you can make due with what's there, but even the cap I see is less than desirable. No ground buss and a cheap 5 way switch. I see what is probably the buffer. Not a Wald buffer. Either way, this diagram might be clearer for you.
forum/viewtopic.php?f=426&t=15887&p=152 ... ng#p152957

So I should get a Waldo, Change the 5-way switch and what Cap would you recommend ? Also No ground buss ? (Not sure what you are talking about)

Thank you for your help and the link to the diagram :-)
 #155149  by TeeJay

From the pic it looks like the preamp is getting input from the switch which is correct. Maybe you are getting a boost effect from one of the buffered pedals in the effects chain so that you are hearing a volume jump in the OBEL and not a volume drop in the bypassed signal. Try the OBEL with just the breakout box (no inserted effects) and see if the is still a volume difference between the OBEL and bypassed.
 #155150  by Darkstar860

TeeJay wrote:From the pic it looks like the preamp is getting input from the switch which is correct. Maybe you are getting a boost effect from one of the buffered pedals in the effects chain so that you are hearing a volume jump in the OBEL and not a volume drop in the bypassed signal. Try the OBEL with just the breakout box (no inserted effects) and see if the is still a volume difference between the OBEL and bypassed.

Still dropped in volume :-(

Id tried that already which is how I kinda thought it was the guitar
 #155151  by hippieguy1954

Yea, what TeeJay said could be going on. The caps should be .02uF ceramic. The ground buss is very well illustrated and explained in this diagram. It's called "The ground wire" in the diagram.
http://www.wald-electronics.com/gear_di ... /wolf.html

Shows the "Ground wire" here too. forum/viewtopic.php?f=426&t=15887&p=152 ... ng#p152957
 #155153  by TeeJay

You have output from the main jack without a battery? That doesn't seem correct. If the preamp is in the circuit all the time wouldn't the all jacks be dead without a battery? It seems the bypassed signal is passive and the OBEL is active.
 #155154  by Darkstar860

TeeJay wrote:The preamp should be working or not working. It doesnt make sense that it works in the OBEL but not bypassed. Nothing is stereo here by the way. Its all mono, send/return, or bypassed. Is this a Phred wolf?
I use a Stereo cable out of the top jack of my guitar into a Y box that takes the stereo cable and splits it into two outs that runs (into my Boss TU2>Mu-Tron 3X>BBE delay>BBE boosta>BBE Sonic Max) and back out of that sonic max into the other jack on the Y box. (Tiny box someone else on here told me to get), Works great and doesnt take up much room on my board. I use a mono cable that goes from the bottom jack of my guitar directly into the amp. The switch goes from direct to the amp or direct to my FX and amp. Yes this is a Phred, heavily modified tho (brass parts, different tuners, bridge, pickups etc).
 #155155  by TeeJay

I use a Stereo cable out of the top jack of my guitar into a Y box that takes the stereo cable and splits it into two outs that runs (into my Boss TU2>Mu-Tron 3X>BBE delay>BBE boosta>BBE Sonic Max) and back out of that sonic max into the other jack on the Y box. (Tiny box someone else on here told me to get), Works great and doesnt take up much room on my board. I use a mono cable that goes from the bottom jack of my guitar directly into the amp. The switch goes from direct to the amp or direct to my FX and amp.
I am very familiar with the system just trying to make the point that it is a send/return to avoid any confusion.
Yes this is a Phred, heavily modified tho (brass parts, different tuners, bridge, pickups etc
I know it sucks but you might want to look at heavily modifying the electronics as well.
 #155161  by Darkstar860

TeeJay wrote:
I use a Stereo cable out of the top jack of my guitar into a Y box that takes the stereo cable and splits it into two outs that runs (into my Boss TU2>Mu-Tron 3X>BBE delay>BBE boosta>BBE Sonic Max) and back out of that sonic max into the other jack on the Y box. (Tiny box someone else on here told me to get), Works great and doesnt take up much room on my board. I use a mono cable that goes from the bottom jack of my guitar directly into the amp. The switch goes from direct to the amp or direct to my FX and amp.
I am very familiar with the system just trying to make the point that it is a send/return to avoid any confusion.
Yes this is a Phred, heavily modified tho (brass parts, different tuners, bridge, pickups etc
I know it sucks but you might want to look at heavily modifying the electronics as well.
Yay. Wish I knew someone in CT who could help me out. Ill mess with it after our next gig this Fri and figure out what i need etc. But ill let ya'll know ;-)

As long as im playing thru the FX Loop i can get thru the show without too many issues. I am stoked to rewire it and have it setup with a Waldo.

Any suggestions on where to buy new P/U selector, Input jacks, switches, pots, wiring etc ?

Thanks again everyone :-)