#15171  by BlobWeird

I agree with the others. I like a Brokedown Palace maybe into a We Bid You Goodnight. Not Fade Away is nice too. But I like the random Terrapin Station too. Or how bout an Eyes encore? Thatd be different

#15172  by bodiddley

I know they did an "Eyes" encore on 6-26-74, Dicks Picks 12, it's a prett sweet version as well...very tight.

#15173  by jck_strw

bodiddley wrote:I know they did an "Eyes" encore on 6-26-74, Dicks Picks 12, it's a prett sweet version as well...very tight.
Now that's a nice encore. Well spotted.

#15178  by BlobWeird

Well I know the next Dicks picks im gonna buy lol

#15183  by bodiddley

Oh, DP12 is an absolute must in my book. The China/Rider will leave ya drooling.

#15186  by BlobWeird

Nice. Im psyched to hear it now. My favorite china rider to date is 9-11-73. If your not familiar then make yourself familiar with it because its the best ive ever heard. The UJB jam in between is done perfectly. All the stops and buildups you could ask for. Unfortunately I should prolly wait a week or two to buy that dp12 seeing as I just bought an external hard drive to put all my music on and Steppin out England 72. That looks like a good disc. Anyone have it?

#15205  by boxorain

Baba O’Reilly/Tomorrow Never Knows has to be the coolest I ever saw. Cal Expo was the first time they played it (May of 92 I think), after a pretty smoking second set. If I close my eyes and think about it, I can still see the puzzled looks on everyone’s faces as we tried to figure out what the hell they were goin into.

Werewolves was cool for a Halloween show, but Box of Rain had to be my all time favorite way to be sent home!

#15212  by BuddhaG

I never saw the band with Jerry, but I went to a Phil and Friends show last summer when he was touring with Trey. Great show (was my friends introduction to Dead music, he said he never saw so many people going so crazy for a concert).

The encore was GDTRFB jammed into Box of Rain. Perfect juxtaposition of emotion in those two songs and Phil really sang and played his heart out. I was left with a feeling of amazement as I walked to the parking lot.
 #15311  by Django

Kinda different kind of encore - but I saw the Grateful Dead Movie in a local art museum's theatre when it came out and the exit music they were playing over the P.A. was 'Must have been the Roses' and I couldn't get that out of my head for a while.

#15677  by stat

My favorite encore was Good Lovin in Augusta Maine after a blistering Dew - fall '84.

There were no tickets and me and this other guy just started picking-up empty cans and putting them into an emtpy trash can. We filled the can and then walked into with the trash can filled with empty cans. The security guards just assumed that we must have worked there or something and just let us in.

There was this half-inch gymnasium padding on the floor. The show was just a mess of hair and dancin bones. As Jerry said: "golden yummies" - "the best of everything was just all around." It was kaleidescope of sound. The music played the band for sure. Sweet dead-head babes were everywhere. The best!

#15689  by ker1227

i want to hear a Saturday night or jonny b goode. dont know if the dead did it, but, My favorite dead cover band, Cosmic Charlie, does and amazing love light some times to end the show. i think it would be cool to hear one of those long, jammin Sugarees also.[/list]