When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #15134  by jck_strw

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZWfYew3s_Nw

Wow. He's a dancin' fool in this vid. He's playing with Ruben Blades at...a wedding? A bar mitzvah? Holy communion? Who knows. Anyhow, you can't really hear Jerry until his solo around 5:44, but he just rips it up. I never thought I'd use the word--boppy--to describe Jerry onstage, but he's all that here.

#15137  by Billbbill

This was some kind of a Latino musicians special, I believe from hbo. I remember watching it when it first aired. I still have it on vhs.

The other clip fron the same gig is with jg and carlos.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YhX9DJIZ1NU

My favorite is this playboy deal with Mountains of the Moon and a mercilessly edited St. Stephen. Worth the pricw of addmission for MOTM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fcy5RnYattU& ... ed&search=

#15138  by grateful4booze

The Latino Session was on Cinemax I am 99% sure. The Playboy After Dark wasn't edited, they just went to commercial.

#15140  by jck_strw

Bill

Thanks for that JG/Carlos clip. I didn't see that one.

I've seen that Playboy AfterDark many times. That MOTM is fantastic. And that shawl/Juan Valdez and his burro cloak he's wearing...priceless.

Someone had posted something recently about your favourite image of Jerry. This is it for me (although the missing glasses is odd). Such a freaky, furry, fun-loving guy.

#15144  by Billbbill

And that shawl/Juan Valdez and his burro cloak he's wearing...priceless.
Way funny
The Playboy After Dark wasn't edited, they just went to commercial.
What's your source? That's tough to believe. Aside from the mediocre editing job. Much more likely it was edited for airing. I have a hard time believing the boys would have performed it like that.

Though one never knows...

Again, what's your source?

#15146  by Pigpen

God that poncho is awesome

#15148  by st. stephen

AY CARAMBA!!

#15149  by st. stephen

AY CARAMBA!! :smile:

#15153  by grateful4booze

I have a video of the re-broadcast from the Playboy channel. I have not watched it in a while, but it is obvious they fade to commercial right in the middle of the song. It is very obvious. Most of the bands that played that show played short songs that fit the format.

#15154  by grateful4booze

PS. Bands played live on that show so there was no editing. There were some outstanding perfomances from that show.

#15158  by Billbbill

obvious they fade to commercial right in the middle of the song
At the end of the clip not doubt.

I'm talking about the evidently ditched "Stephen prospered.." verse, and the beginning of the slow portion through "Lady finger.." to "bids the day goodbye".

I can see ditching the Stephen prospered verse but that sure looks like an edit when it jumps right into "Speeding arrow..."

If you're right I guess they did what they had to do although they were on top of their game to pull off going right into the speeding arrow part. That kind of an adjustment had train wreak written all over it.

Here's to them.

:cheers:

And here's me.

:-?

Or maybe here.

:x

OK, maybe it ain't that big a deal. just skippin some lyrics.
Last edited by Billbbill on Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#15159  by grateful4booze

I need to go back and check out my tape as I don't remember the Lovelight part. I just remember the interview, MOTM, and the St. Stephen to fade. A friend recorded a lot of the bands when the Playboy channel rebroadcast the show in the mid 90s. The best one I have seen is Dave Brubeck.