#83907  by jefkahn

Today I was listening to Without a Net at my desk at work. One time I had to leave for a few minutes, and when I returned I thought I was hearing Throwing Stones (the brief first jam that goes Bm A E A, etc.) Then I heard a little more and realized it was Althea. It definitely messed my head up for a few minutes.

I had never noticed how not only do Althea and TS share a very similar chord progression (Bm A E A Bm G A for TS and Bm A E A Bm A E for Althea), but they even have a similar rhythm and tempo (at least for the verse part of TS).

It made me think it would be very cool to pair these songs live.
 #148513  by ranman12

The same thing happened to me! Althea is a beautiful song and its chord progression catches me just the right way. I'll get into this mode where I listen to whatever song I'm currently digging over and over again. Such was the case with Althea. It was so drilled into my skull that when Throwing Stones came on, I thought it was Althea. So I came to the same conclusion about playing these two together. I was searching the web for instances where this might have happened, which is what brought me to your post. Five years later...
 #148514  by TI4-1009

Cool find- in both ways. Welcome to the forum!
 #148523  by jefkahn

Sometimes I make a good observation even if it takes 5 years for anyone else to agree. :lol: