When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #14723  by shakedown_04092

I have no words for this one, sans the fact that if there was a nuclear holocaust, the only thing left standing would be cock roaches, twinkies, and Keith Richards:

Keith Richards: 'I snorted my father' :shock:

LONDON - Keith Richards has acknowledged consuming a raft of illegal substances in his time, but this may top them all. In comments published Tuesday, the 63-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist said he had snorted his father's ashes mixed with cocaine.

"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father," Richards was quoted as saying by British music magazine NME.

"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared," he said. "... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

Richards' father, Bert, died in 2002, at 84.

Richards, one of rock's legendary wild men, told the magazine that his survival was the result of luck, and advised young musicians against trying to emulate him.

"I did it because that was the way I did it. Now people think it's a way of life," he was quoted as saying.

"I've no pretensions about immortality," he added. "I'm the same as everyone ... just kind of lucky.

"I was No. 1 on the `who's likely to die' list for 10 years. I mean, I was really disappointed when I fell off the list," Richards said.

#14732  by Shaggy

Rather weird to say the least, I don't know what you can say about someone that does that. It's well, something that you just don't do.... :evil:

#14735  by Chief5959

Completely untrue. It was a hoax for April Fool's Day run by the NME.

#14737  by GreatNorthSpecial

Oh it's true. I just read about it in the paper, then I popped on the news and caught it there as well.

#14740  by revned_04

i have aslo read this at nmany sources despite how weird it is.

#14742  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

I haev no problem with Keef snorting his dad's remains. I consider it a tribute.

#14749  by JONZILLA

I just read on msn where the rep for the stones says that yes, this is a hoax. Consider it an April fool's thing.

#14754  by jck_strw

Found elsewhere:
Did Keith Richards Really Snort His Dad's Ashes?
No - It Was A Joke!Comments made in magazine interview were only 'said
in jest,' manager tells MTV News.

By Kurt Loder

Maybe you saw that Keith Richards item that started popping up all
over the place on Tuesday (April 3) - the one about how he'd admitted
to snorting the ashes of his late father after his body had been
cremated? Great story, right? And yet, like so much in the world of
celebrity journalism, totally untrue.

In case you missed it, this little yarn first appeared in the pages of
London's notoriously unreliable New Musical Express. The magazine
quoted the Rolling Stones guitarist as saying, "The strangest thing
I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father. He was cremated
and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My
dad wouldn't have cared. ... It went down pretty well, and I'm still
alive."

This wildly dubious quote proved irresistible to newspapers, wire
services and TV and online outlets on both sides of the Atlantic, from
The Associated Press to Forbes, The Drudge Report, Breitbart and E!
Online. In fact, it was such a great story that nobody bothered trying
to confirm it with a Richards representative - why spoil the fun with
facts?

In a buzz-killing mood, though, we decided to check with Richards'
longtime manager, Jane Rose. We asked her about the dad-snorting
quotes in the NME interview. She responded with an e-mail:

"Said in jest," she explained. "Can't believe anyone took [it]
seriously."

#14758  by shakedown_04092

After the widespread discussion of Keith Richards snorting his father's ashes (as was seen everywhere from CNN to MSNBC to Billboard), Richards issued the following statement through the Rolling Stones website. Damage control or a joke? You be the judge. But we certainly wouldn't put it past Keith. He's put a lot up there...
From www.rollingstones.com

04.04.07 From Keith Richards

The story currently circulating around the net that Keith snorted his Dad's ashes with some cocaine is totally untrue. To set the record straight, Keith has sent us the following statement:

"The complete story is lost in the usual slanting! The truth of the matter is that I planted a sturdy English Oak. I took the lid off the box of ashes and he is now growing oak trees and would love me for it!!! I was trying to say how tight Bert and I were. That tight!!! I wouldn't take cocaine at this point in my life unless I wished to commit suicide."

#14775  by pfarrell615

:cool: thats sooo rock n roll how this guy out lived Jerry i dont know

#14778  by AugustWest

I saw keith and hunter s doing an interview together some years back. I wanted to watch it, but I had some drinks and I couldn't understand a word they where saying. I tried with all my might but I seriously couldn't grasp more than 2 words that came out of hunters mouth. Anyone know where that interview was from or see it?

#14799  by st. stephen

haha, keith richards is one of the few people you believe that he could do such a stupid thing.

#14802  by JONZILLA

AugustWest wrote:I saw keith and hunter s doing an interview together some years back. I wanted to watch it, but I had some drinks and I couldn't understand a word they where saying. I tried with all my might but I seriously couldn't grasp more than 2 words that came out of hunters mouth. Anyone know where that interview was from or see it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV5OyJmtnaM