#85  by Guyute24

Hey Now! I'll start. My name's Michael. I'm 29 from central Ohio (about 20 minutes east of Columbus) i've been playing guitar for about 7 years. I play Dead, Phish, Clapton, Hendrix, Ten Years After, Beatles, Doors, Dylan, N. Young, Blues, Rock, etc. I've been visiting rukind.com for at least 5 or 6 years now, learning new stuff all the time (there's just so much of it!) 9 months ago, i got started with my first band, i have a buddy who plays rhythm and he's got a cousin who drums, so we put together a rock band, playing covers and a few originals. we're playing some graduation parties this spring, and maybe a festival or too around here. I play lead guitar, and a little drums. i took lessons for a year, and learned alot about theory (although now i'm just learning how to play outside of the scales, and make my own melodies). so let's hear from some of you, i know there's another Ohioan on here,

peace, michael

#86  by LazyLightnin

sup man, i have been lookin for gd players for a long time. gd are great band to start learning soloing. thats how i started too, it gets easier everytime i practice to them. gimmie an e-mail or somethin, im in cleveland, west side.

- lazylightnin

spaceyourface420@hotmail.com :D

#90  by bren115

not from ohio, but love the dead. been playing for a couple years, located in LA, Ca til December then back to NJ upon graduation....this is def. the best website for Dead tunes....probably enjoy playing terrapin and begonias the mostest, although Rubin is a lot of fun, actually most of the songs are a lot of fun

Brennan :D

#91  by bren115

not from ohio, but love the dead. been playing for a couple years, located in LA, Ca til December then back to NJ upon graduation....this is def. the best website for Dead tunes....probably enjoy playing terrapin and begonias the mostest, although Rubin is a lot of fun, actually most of the songs are a lot of fun

Brennan :D

#96  by Guest

terrapins a fun one, i dont see the point playing scarlet by yourself though. just dont sound rite . i like goin to open mic nites and doin somethin like a BrokePalace, must of been roses, box of rain 3 song set. ppl usually dig that. although not alot of them dig the dead, i play ina beatles band, and a classic rock band and the only deadish song they let me bring is good luvin. starving for players here.

-lazylightnin

spaceyourface420@hotmail.com

#105  by x0nix

Hi everyone!
I'm 18, living in the UK and a little over a year ago now i discovered the Grateful Dead. I play guitar and a little bass. I haven't played in a band yet though I hope to start soon.

#111  by bren115

i agree with you lazy that begonias is dull by yourself, but I usually jam with my roommate....that 3 song set there sounds pretty sweet.
 #113  by BlackPeter

My name is Bobby and I've followed this site for about 2 yrs. now. I found this site the day I started playing guitar and it has been an invaluable resource for me. I must say that the Dead and Garcia were the impetus for me to take up guitar playing at the ripe old age of 36. I think the sort of music that these guys produced over the years is perfect for any budding guitarist. Their music was written and designed to be enjoyed and played by others.

Glad to see the new forum. I'll try to post as often as possible.

Layta

#118  by deadrugger

i'm henry from wisconsin and i love this site. i love to jam off of china cat. i also just started playing some phish stuff and it's quite fun. they should add a phish section. the dead section is incredible!

Hey

#129  by August West

If your looking for some phish stuff go to emilstabs.com they got a lot of stuff there. This is a great site, love it. anyway hope i can help. Peace

#148  by x0nix

thanks for that phish link August... phish is also awsome!

#174  by daub

My name is Matt, I'm 26 and I've used this site for years. Its funny to me when I go to some other tab sites and I see Ed's tabs there under some one elses name, but I know who the props go to.

Anyway, I've been playing music for a while and live right below Charlotte, NC in SC though. You can check out my bands web site at

www.theheavysandwich.com

I love the new format here and I think it will be very helpful to be able to talk about different ideas in these songs. After all thats what its all about; taking some one else's ideas(in this case The Grateful Dead) and sculpting it into something thats your own. :lol:

Happy picking everyone!!!

#190  by farrlito

Hey. From central IL here. Ive been a regular visitor to good ole rukind since i stumbled accross the site in my dorm room five years ago, tryin to find a site other than olga (which sucks) that had good gd tabs. I'ml still looking for a good 'two soldiers' tab that includes the main riffs and all. So anyone who has seen one or has the time/skill/desire to do it, I would appreciate it. I am also waiting for my fingers to start playing solos, til then, nothin but rythym for me :)
 #195  by GAFred

howdy folks....

my name is Fred and I live in the Orlando area right now. I'm 24 years old and have been playing guitar for about 7 years now and visiting this site for about 4 or so. Anyhow, just wanted to introduce myself and I'll be seein ya'll around, peace

#197  by ghettobooster

ghettobooster here, 29, indianapolis I've been playing music about 6 years. I play drums bass guitar and keys. But I mainly just do solo projects on Reason now. This site has helped a whole lot with dubstlye dead covers!
Cheers!