#62103  by Billbbill

...how about you? Listen all the way to near the end - trust me.

http://ia360619.us.archive.org/1/items/ ... 03_vbr.mp3
 #62104  by strumminsix

Billbbill wrote:...how about you? Listen all the way to near the end - trust me.
Listening.
Hearing a low jam.
Barely any Bobby.
Lotsa chit chat
Song is almost over.
Seems like an almost non-7 F#m jam
Then, um wow. Who'da thunk it?!
 #62108  by Billbbill

OK so if you're not into listenening to the whole thing - it is a a nice version - tune in at about the 9 minute mark and just listen.
 #62110  by seamones

Ok, I get it, I thought it was like a riddle at first....

Way back when, one of my non-DH friends was mocking me that I would talk about tapes like they were fine wines.

Listening that Estimated jam, I certainly was thinking along those lines....Other One overtones, just hint of...is that...almost a Bird Song. And then a deep rich finish....
 #62111  by tigerstrat

Had this, "The Raven" show for ages. I seem to recall the song portion of Esty as being pretty sloppy on this show.

Phil: "More nitrousssssssssss!"
 #62124  by Stevo123

Awesome!!!! I started to skip ahead and went to about the 7:30 mark and whoah stop! A bobby scat solo! That was definitely something else lol, had to go back a little bit and hear that whole thing, then it gets into an extremely, almost straight-ahead jazz kind of sound with a lot of cool comping on keys, with Bobby slowly building up the tension as he has a way of doing, all the way into a really sick climax and then bam into the coda. Very nice!
 #144966  by James-T

Nice arrangement for sure - I'm surprised they didn't stick with it. Really sweet version, great recording and amazing guitar tones too. I love that 82 stuff - ultra clean tones.

Another 82 gem is the Satisfaction from Alpine 2nd night. Bobby goes right into Wang Dang Doodle in the middle of it.

All in all 82 had boring set lists, but some of the shows were really trippy for sure.

Carrier Dome that fall - another great show, seemed like they went back into Playin' after every tune in the second set (could have been the windowpane). Iowa Field House - one of the best Jerry spaces of all time. Like he was trying out his pedal board for the first time. :shock:

Thanks for sharing! :smile:

Peace,

James
 #145068  by tigerstrat

Good lord! Almost like a tape splice. Is that a Bm6 they dip into at the very end?