Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #134159  by claytushaywood

I have a back up bluesmaster and I'm going to be needing some money after getting laid off. It was modded with the wald preamp mods and has the same component choices and values in the tone stack and plate resistors as the SMS. PRP metal film resistors, orange drop caps, silver mica treble cap. Sounds and works perfect!

Asking $275
 #134194  by claytushaywood

forgot, it also has the sprague tantalum caps for the 22uf cathode bypass caps. And I originally replaced the 100k slope resistor with a PRP metal film (PRP's are audio grade american made resistors), but i felt like it made it a bit too sterile sounding, so I actually decided to switch it to a nice modern carbon comp resistor.

this thing sounds spot on with any SS power amp and JBL type speaker. I know waldo recently removed the jerry amp mods from his site. But I'm pretty sure anyone who has had these done and any SMS JG owners will agree that these mods really help get you that tight mid rangey bass and tone that will allow all your playing dynamics to cut through the mix
 #134197  by Jon S.

Not the same amp but I found this on YouTube, might be helpful to you.

#134245  by claytushaywood

NSP wrote:Can you post a sound clip? I may be interested.

Thanks
yeh, i'm not sure if that dude did the same mods, but id imagine they cant be much different. unfortunately part of the reason i'm selling is to get my d120's repaired. So i'm not gona be able to make a great sounding jerry demo.

if you dont like it, i'll take a return no problem!
 #134594  by barefootdave

This one probably has no mods:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200 ... =824&kw=lg

By the way, I have an H&K ATS Mk2, it appears to be a two channel version of the Bluesmaster (one pre channel tube like the bluesmaster, other pre channel sold state for alternate clean tone) with a 120w SS power section, a nice piece overall. Has foot switchable parametric EQ as well as a large tank spring reverb. They are pretty rare, but show up on the bay occasionally for about $200. Don't use it much anymore since getting the Fractal, but a very nice JG tone at a great price for those on the quest.
 #142280  by boater1941

Would love to have blues/crunch master or another H&K model that can produce that super clear tone. I have a Jerry Sarno and an FYD with a real spring rvrb. There's something magical about this little box. I'm clay yours is sold by now.
Any tips would be kind,
Thanks.