When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #140406  by aiq

Never a shortage of conspiracy theories or reality tv.

I do think of these drugs as important and powerful, but care and planning is crucial for benefit.

Turns out, to me anyway, mass, impromptu dosing may not be the best idea.

Psychoactive drugs should not be treated as if they were a keg of beer.

YMMV, or some other eraser phrase.
 #140413  by tatittle

So Garcia and Kesey were really agents working for growth of gov't control of the individual LOL.

Its funny how these folks take a few facts, develop some imaginative scenario based on intrigue and malicious intent...and by nec'ty ignore the majority of facts and context since they doesn't support the intrigue. Man's ability to rationalize any scenario knows no bounds, and our intelligence can often make it sound plausible to people not well informed re: the subject. Having an impressive resume and important positions by no means prempts nutty philosophy or theories...yet they are often seen as evidence the guy knows what he is talking about re: totally unrelated areas.

"To all the tryptamines I've loved before..." (Nelson/Shulgin)
Last edited by tatittle on Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #140422  by paulinnc

I couldn't read more than the first few paragraphs before becoming bored and totally convinced this was completely contrived. Some interesting things to think about but entirely too far out there to have any merit. I call BS.
 #140439  by tatittle

Come to think of it here's another exhibit (divorced from everything else and possibly out of context but hey...it serves the purpose):

uncle sam, that's who I am, been hiding out in a rock n roll band--
 #140512  by softmachine72

There is little doubt at this point that the introduction of LSD to the population was a CIA , social engineering experiment.This has been made clear with the few MK Ultra documents that were declassified during the Church hearings . I think Jerry's first Trip was in a Mk ultra sanctioned experiment. Also in the context of the article although the Dead are mentioned the Deadhead actually refers creating an individual ,through the use of hallucinogens, who was a “dead mind” or “a drugged, thoughtless person”, who would be in a ultra-suggestible state to in stall new ideas for the new century. One who is has "dropped out" or spend all his or time navel gazing , is one less person who votes or stands in the way of the establishment's goals for the future. It is a known fact that Dr. Leary actually was instrumental in getting LSD criminalized .He lobbied congress to hold the hearings about expanding the 1965 drug control act to make LSD illegal .We all know the best way to get kids to try something is to make it illegal .There is some pretty damning correspondence between Dr. Osmond and Aldus Huxley about a meeting with Timothy Leary at Cambridge in 1960 to "hire" him to be the spokesman for LSD in America. They even muse about how "square" and "unadventurous" the guy with crew cut and tweed jacket Timothy Leary was for the job of spokesman for LSD. Jan Irvin's article is extremely well researched and footnoted so you can go and read the original source documents for yourself. From declassified govt. documents from the library of congress to Aldus Huxley's own correspondence. It is all there for one who is willing to read fro him or herself.