#135287  by mgbills

I just noticed that the posted Post has a 24-3/4" scale length. Is that typical of Troy's guitars?
Gotta have me a 25-1/2.
Peace
 #135290  by ccw3432

Thanks for posting the clips Billbbill. The guitar tone and your playing sound great. Are you running any overdrive on the China Cat leads?
 #135302  by Billbbill

milobender wrote:Great China Cat Billbbill! Very nice "o)
Thanks MB!
mgbills wrote:I just noticed that the posted Post has a 24-3/4" scale length. Is that typical of Troy's guitars?
Gotta have me a 25-1/2.
Peace
Not sure, I think he only does the 24 3/4 - that's what mine is - shoot him an email
ccw3432 wrote:Thanks for posting the clips Billbbill. The guitar tone and your playing sound great. Are you running any overdrive on the China Cat leads?
Thank you CCW - appreciate the kind words! :smile:

Pretty sure I'm just using the stratoblaster pedal at about 1 o'clock - I often will throw in the 'crunch' setting on my Boss SD2 with the blaster, with the drive all the way down on the SD2 but this night even that was a bit too dirty for my taste as I recall. I didn't do it this night but when that happens I then dial back the blaster a bit until I get just a little edge on the tone. Sometimes just dialing up the blaster a bit accomplishes this but then I lose the absolute clean tone that I like for some tunes.
 #135341  by barefootdave

I think several of his guitars on ebay have been listed with 25" scale lengths, so he appears to be flexible on that.
 #135372  by TRG

mgbills wrote:I just noticed that the posted Post has a 24-3/4" scale length. Is that typical of Troy's guitars?
Gotta have me a 25-1/2.
Peace
Hi mg - my Post Wolf has 25" scale length.
 #135467  by TeeJay

I may be wrong on this but I think the models with the ABR bridge are 24 3/4 and the ones with the strat hardtail bridge are 25.
 #139826  by TeeJay

Hands down Troy's best one yet.
 #139831  by Diggey

That is going to look amazing. Please post pix when all done. I have 2 of Troy Posts guitars. One is the GT model and second is an SG type shape but Jerri-fied. First let me say his builds are amazing quality and they are player guitars. I'm not saying the other awesome builders aren't. I'm saying for me, if I get $5k into a guitar, I'd do nothing but worry if I was gigging whether it be stolen, takes a spill or that drunk person going wow nice guitar and strum the strings manically.

I also like that I can get the shapes and electronics I want and also a little stripped down. I'm not much for all the gingerbread, so tone down for me is great.

Troy in the past 3 years has answered every question and has called me to work out specs and so forth.
Lastly, he has my deposit on another one and is working on a third one for me as we speak. Trust me, a great dude and builder.
 #139842  by Jam35Gr3g0ry

TeeJay, I agree.

Diggey, I'll definitely post pics of it when it's done. I have to agree with you on several points. I'm after tone as well. I'd fall on my sword if I scratched or dropped a 5k+ guitar. His price points (custom made guitar for same as less as some factory cookie cutter guitars) and outstanding rep, drew me to him. Listening to owner's sound clips (TeeJay's, BillBill's etc...) confirmed I was talking to the right guy. I have nothing but great things to say about him. He's great at listening, communicating, and taken what I wanted and running with it.

What's the third project that he's doing for you, going to be?

-James
 #139850  by TI4-1009

Not to mention that Troy was the inspiration behind Wolfish:

#139857  by Jam35Gr3g0ry

That SG turned out amazing....I really enjoyed watching that one evolve.
TI4-1009 wrote:Not to mention that Troy was the inspiration behind Wolfish.