rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#138599  by tatittle
 Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:56 am
Ill do a little just woke up thinking out loud here:
Indeed the 1st version Q Tron has a DRY output in addition to the WET/Affected output. I guess one would need to have some engineering comprehension and look at the schematic or guts to determine if a buffer is used for either outputs or both. I don't know that, I do know buffers always seem to improve my EF performance, but I have several and its possible the old EH doesn't benefit as much bc it has its own. I somehow doubt it though. Boss pedals reportedly have a decent buffer in them, and the common theory with several pedals it is desirable to have a mix of true bypass and buffered pedals. I have always noticed superior performance when using a circuit which the buffer has been a primary goal of the pedal/gizmo; intended to not change the tone of the signal at all. Especially with EF's.
 #138955  by TI4-1009
 Mon May 12, 2014 8:49 am
He's around. Building buffers. Changing avatars. Lurking....

#138966  by waldo041
 Mon May 12, 2014 4:34 pm
Kennay wrote:It has a bypass jack. Do I need to have any other mods done? Thanks in advance!
The bypass jack is just a output tap directly off of the input jack. The Qtron unlike the Mu-Tron III is true bypass so you cannot use it as a buffer.

~waldo
 #138967  by tatittle
 Mon May 12, 2014 6:30 pm
Is that a picture of you Waldo? I was envisioning a more guru type countenance...perhaps with a wizard's hat? :-)