#137759  by ricepr

I love my Trutron. But an FYI

NEW Keeley Team-Built Pedal Next Week!
Say hello to the Keeley Neutrino (Codename: Parliament of Owls). This little guy is the best sounding small footprint classic envelope filter that any of us have ever heard. We've fallen so in love with this circuit that it seems only right to have it next in our series of Team Built limited edition pedals, hand made by Robert Keeley and Craighton Hale, in the design lab here at Keeley HQ. They will all be built, hand signed and numbered, and we will only be doing a total of 80 pieces at a price of $199 for this introductory run. These will go on sale on Wednesday, and WILL NOT LAST LONG! Keep your eyes open for a mailer with more info, as well as man update on our site rkfx.com This circuit is so good that we will be doing this as a production unit, but they will be out a little later with a price of $249 and the graphics will change a bit. This is sure to be the most fun you've had with a pedal in a long time!

In other news, the Katana Boost, for a long time our second highest selling pedal, has had some circuit revisions and has all of our jaws dropped around the shop with it's sparkling clarity. We were honestly amazed! The revisions have already made it to the models we're shipping now and to celebrate we're offering it in this mailer to return customers at 15% off for the next week, along with the popular Red Dirt overdrive, and our new Seafoam Chorus. Great saving, great sound, and great made in USA quality, how can you go wrong!?!

For now, enjoy these VIP discounts on Keeley Classics!
 #137825  by zambiland

ricepr wrote:I love my Trutron. But an FYI

NEW Keeley Team-Built Pedal Next Week!
Say hello to the Keeley Neutrino (Codename: Parliament of Owls). This little guy is the best sounding small footprint classic envelope filter that any of us have ever heard. We've fallen so in love with this circuit that it seems only right to have it next in our series of Team Built limited edition pedals, hand made by Robert Keeley and Craighton Hale, in the design lab here at Keeley HQ. They will all be built, hand signed and numbered, and we will only be doing a total of 80 pieces at a price of $199 for this introductory run. These will go on sale on Wednesday, and WILL NOT LAST LONG! Keep your eyes open for a mailer with more info, as well as man update on our site rkfx.com This circuit is so good that we will be doing this as a production unit, but they will be out a little later with a price of $249 and the graphics will change a bit. This is sure to be the most fun you've had with a pedal in a long time!
The enthusiasm is all well and good, but it's hard to get worked up about dropping the cash without knowing more details. There are a lot of quack boxes out there today. Give us the scoop! :cool:

Oh wait, you're just passing this on. How's the TruTron working out for you? A friend of mine here in Boulder just got one. I need to check it out.
 #137833  by ricepr

TruTron is the one true tron. I had a Mu a while back and that was fragile and finicky. This thing is robust, better range of sounds.

Worth the scratch for sure.
 #137907  by TheMissingDigit

I bought one of of the first 80. There was a clock that counted down until it went on sale. It made me do it. I have a Qtron that I have turned on in years but that damn clock made me think I HAD to have this one.
 #137923  by Jon S.

What's with the subatomic particle names for the tron-type pedals?!
 #137932  by Mr.Burns

Be skeptical of all fx pedals. They are, by nature, deceptive. A mystery inside a box, few other products are as blatantly ambiguous. Some go so far as to goop the circuit to dissuade anyone from tracing it and discovering that it's actually a modified rip off of some other person's hard work. Fx pedal hype is part tone envy and part placebo effect. I for one will never buy another fx pedal. I will be building all my fx from now on.
 #139531  by JamGuy

I received my Neutrino today... it's not the "special" preproduction one, just the regular production model. I think it's #208 based on the serial number. It could be the 208 millionth and it would all be the same to me. I happen to love it... better than my Emma which I have sworn by for years. Having never owned a Mu-Tron or the Tru-Tron, I can't say how they stack up but compared to the Emma it's much more musical to my ear, and a lot closer to the Jerry tone I've been shooting for. It's much easier to find the sweet spot on this one than the Emma, and I'm very much looking forward to getting my Jerry Strat back together so I can use the effects loop and buffer with the new pedal. I ordered up a new body that should be here in a few days... hopefully I can get the whole thing together by the end of the weekend so I can report back.

What's the general consensus on the Keeley for those who have tried it? I'm sure happy with mine :cool:
 #139536  by jerrys.kids

I got one and love it also!! Right out of the box it sounded very nice. Can't compare to the mu or tru, but I like it way better than my old og Qtron. Always had to fiddle to find the sweet spot and it took up way too much space on the board. Keeley nailed this one IMO.
 #141973  by Garciadjangocooder

Hi wondering if anyone has any experience using the neutrino with an obel?I just picked up the pedal as a backup for my og Mu and it does sound really really good...the only problem is that when I use it in the OBEL setup there is a serious volume drop...if I just run the mono cable from guitar to pedal it sounds fine..seems like it doesn't like the TPC1 for some reason....anyone else having this problem?any help would be greatly appreciated
 #145073  by tdub

No problems in the OBEL, in fact, much better and more responsive than with my Mutron. In fact, I never thought I would say this, but I find the Neutrino to be better sounding, richer, more responsive, more versatile and the best sounding envelope/auto wah I have ever owned. With some minor tweaking out of the box, it shined and quacked its way into my heart. My guitar and system loved it's versatility and rich tones.
 #145101  by aiq

I am glad to learn here but I have come to the conclusion that I am pretty happy with my little two knob MXR EF.

I have a Harmon but have never been happy with the results. I still plan to try it with the OBEL guitar when I get it but barring my mind getting blown I'll be selling that.
 #145102  by Smolder

aiq wrote:I am glad to learn here but I have come to the conclusion that I am pretty happy with my little two knob MXR EF.

I have a Harmon but have never been happy with the results. I still plan to try it with the OBEL guitar when I get it but barring my mind getting blown I'll be selling that.

Those old mustard color MXR's are great. I've had a few of them. I've been curious about the keeley, but in the last couple of months I've really gotten the TruTone dialed in with my rig. Granted it's huge, and has add power supply, but it sounds damn good, is stable, and versatile.
 #145381  by paulinnc

I was just on the keeley website checking out the neutrino and in the first demo video the guy goes into slipknot at around 6:40. Sounds good, definitely going to consider it as a filter option.