#137770  by tatittle

I have found that my modern Alembic blasters (strat jack mounted) can be susceptible to significant RadioFrequency noise. It is most pronounced when the guitar volume is at zero actually. But I just jacked the gain up on the one in my std. and it became unusable. Im pretty sure this guitar is shielded and there is ground continuity between jackplate etc. Any suggestions/solutions?
 #137772  by czyfingers

I recently installed a new one in my latest strat and I haven't noticed any problems. I noticed you said blasters, are you getting it with more than one? When you say volume at zero, do you mean the guitar volume or the blaster gain? If it's just one guitar, I'd say double check your wiring, grounds, shielding etc. If it's happening in more than one, is it only at one location? If not there may be something in that environment that's causing it.
 #137808  by milobender

If you've got the blaster in the jack cavity, I'd definitely check the shielding... most I've seen don't have shielding in that cavity... also, make sure there is continuity between that cavity shielding and the main ground hub. I've never had any problems like that with my blasters.
 #137811  by TI4-1009

milobender wrote: I've never had any problems like that with my blasters.
Yeah, that's because the nearest radio station is 275 miles away... :lol: :lol: :lol:
 #137823  by tatittle

Okay, I was hoping I could get away without jack shielding, but come to think of it I think the guitar that I shielded the jack doesn't have that issue. I do get it in more than one. Its not bad until the final 2% of the gain pot, where the gain jacks up exponentially; not a typical setting for me.