#137258  by milobender

Thanks :-) :smile: You said it, the sun shines here practically every day... it's unusual to have a day without. You have to love the wind though (or at least make peace with it), especially in the winter!
 #137615  by tpourciau

It's done and on it's way to me. This thing looks sweet. I can't wait to play it. Brian has been awesome to work with. I should get it in late this week and will post some clips when i get it dialed in.

#137630  by TI4-1009

Very nice- I be a-likin' them Jerrified SGs! :wink:

Does the battery sit in the open spot next to the buffer?
 #137656  by TI4-1009

Brian:

Do you find that the shielding paint is all you need in both cavities? The copper foil looks cool, but it's a lot harder to work with and get a nice looking result- as opposed to the paint. 3 coats?
 #137659  by milobender

The shielding paint definitely has a higher resistance... what that does I'm not exactly sure... I've never A/B'd shielding :lol:

I use the paint when a cavity has a lot of varying surfaces or if trying to save time/money... I think it works fine, though I put at least 4 coats on just to make sure. On this SG the space was so tight I didn't consider using copper sheet.

If I've got the room, which I do on most mods and all new builds, I like to use the copper sheeting... it looks cool, works as good as it can get, and will last forever...
 #138017  by Bobbybriand

Using a modded Gibson SGJ 24 2014 Chocolate Satin gorgeous model if you google it make sure u specify SGJ 2014. No bells whistles and awesomely no pick guard and 24 fret. I originally found a kijijii ad about guitar mods,jbl speaker upgrades,preamps,mentioned garcia. This guy was training to be a luthier in Tecumseh Ontario and goes to the U of Windsor. The first purchase I got a 2010 epiphone sg with all wald,dimarzio,3way pup mode 3 switches and a 3 cable system using 3 mono jacks with an analogue to midi convertor and a walnut carved 3 bucker pup ring, 4x12 virt stack of e120's with covers running at 1ohm,smsjg,mc2100garcia modded cards,1980 birch cabinet with garcia shelf and rack rails and jacks,looper,onboard fxn bypass switch,cables,etc for 2200. He did my JGJ complete brass swap out too for 550. It's gorgeous. So if anyone wants a pick guardless bare bones 24 fret real gibson affordable to mod check the gibson 2014 sgj.
He had a rosebud with midi side jack he paid 13g's for he wouldn't even let me pickup so I can see why he moved his original sg which sounds great and it even has re expoxied riv nuts to give a 25 1/2 scale. Next I'm checkin this guitar out to be sent out retailing for 120bucks just rout it out and put a brass string plate to eliminate the through string. Check this to keep dollars down gorgeous neck and tonnes of potential.
 #138041  by TI4-1009

I wonder if you could get anywhere close to Jerry tone with a semi-acoustic?