#13696  by Django

When I said 'I just gave one to Doug Stein' I meant it as; I had so much respect for his work that I didn't ask to trade, I just wanted him to have one of mine. I didn't mean I just gave it to him the other day. I would like to know how he's doing myself. Although the shirts are gone I still have some artwork from the shows, ever seen the 100 grateful dead songs poster? I have a poplar creek poster, a Pig Pen poster, Jerry, Keith, Bobby - I gave away my Phil, drawings from Stein. And several more.
 #124362  by old man down

I do, at least so far. July 28, 1973.

It's spread out on the kitchen island as I type, so I can look it over.

It was thrown from the stage, late Saturday Night, and it reads on the front: SUMMER JAM, WATKINS GLEN, '73, (all in weird purplish blue),
and on the back it reads: Nothing is better than Landlubber, followed by a sub-texted Registered mark. (all in red)
 #124377  by iampigsnout

I had a favorite T-shirt from the mid-80's with the theme being "East Coast Dead"
It had the Statue of Liberty holding up a mic inplace of her torch and a Sony walkman in her other hand.
If anyone has a one I'd love to see it again...mine is long gone
 #124389  by Charlie

I used to have a Santana from an Australian Tour in '78 and had Talking Heads t-shirst around the same time. I have a few Dead's either bought off the Net or on my one trip to the States in 2006.

NB: A mate of mine gives his old Tees a second life by placing the front against a hard cardboard rectangle and framing them as posters. They look great.
 #124401  by mgbills

Oldest - '80 (ish) AC/DC Back in Black :cool:

Best - Luckiest day ever. Rochester War Memorial - 11/8/85 (?). No ticket, but had cash to buy. Was selling "Religious Materials" on very small pages ( :lol: ). Cop on horseback! Yikes. Just scowls and give me the "keep it down" wave. Zoiks!
I sit on the curb to collect my thoughts. Score the first batik I'd ever seen, essentially in the gutter. Still have it. Still beautiful shape. It's my good luck charm. It's too small, but my wife wears it. Show was sold out, but I did get a ticket. I had to do some hearty preaching, but eventually got in.
 #124601  by easytoslip

anyone have tees they want to kick down?
I will give them a great home as long as they are not too holey or stinky! I can fit into men's small, medium, maybe large
Last edited by easytoslip on Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #124612  by Grateful Dad

Jerry Garcia Band t-shirt from the Tower Theater in 1981. Had to buy it because someone behind me in the line to get in emptied his stomach contents all over my back. :shock:

There is a cool picture of a grinning Jerry playing the Tiger on the front and a cool rose design on the back.

:smile: