#134774  by NSP

ao is getting real close to finishing up my Wolf, so I thought I'd share a few photos. I'm going with a bit of an incognito vibe, so no Wolf inlay and for fret markers we're doing brass rings with the larger ones having cocobolo centers. He's also got a custom brass p/u ring in the works that will stray from the standard rectangle. Wiring will be s/h/h (DiMarzios).

It's currently in finish, then wiring and set-up and she'll be out the door. Hoping to be playing it by New Years.

I'll post pics and clips of the final product when she arrives.

#134775  by TI4-1009

NSP wrote: Hoping to be playing it by New Years.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

We all know "luthier's time" is like football time. :-)

It's beautiful.
 #134776  by HeadSpace

Lookin' nice! Not sure how incognito a guitar that noticeable could ever be.
 #134780  by TI4-1009

That reminds me- I took this photo a few weeks ago of some neat clouds over the house. I told my wife that I wanted a guitar that looked like this- 5A stratocumulus!

#134899  by softmachine72

Wow . top quality work. I would expect nothing less from a great builder like AO. What was the build time on that gem?
 #135810  by NSP

TI4-1009 wrote:
NSP wrote: Hoping to be playing it by New Years.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

We all know "luthier's time" is like football time. :-)

It's beautiful.
Yeah...so New Years didn't happen, but I now have a tracking number and will receive my Wolf tomorrow...*cough* I think I feel a sick day coming on.

More sights and sounds to follow if I can put it down long enough to post.
 #135816  by Griffyote

Dude, that is some pretty wood :cool:
 #135821  by NSP

Griffyote wrote:Dude, that is some pretty wood :cool:
Yeah man...I will see it in person shortly as I just received the words I've been waiting for - "out for delivery"
 #135824  by TRG

Nice - looks like a beaut, enjoy!
 #135827  by TI4-1009

NSP wrote:
Griffyote wrote:Dude, that is some pretty wood :cool:
Yeah man...I will see it in person shortly as I just received the words I've been waiting for - "out for delivery"
The best three words in the English language! Looks beautiful, enjoy- and we expect a detailed report.
 #135853  by NSP

Andrew is a true professional in every sense and a master of his craft...and a hell of a nice guy to boot. This guitar has blown me away and I couldn't be happier....thank you ao!
"It's just exactly prefect"

Rig in the clip below is SMS -> Mc250 as you can see, with a K120. Standard disclaimer - crappy camera video.

#135860  by JDB30

Congrats! That guitar looks insane! Nothing better than getting a new instrument that inspires you.