#134872  by jack-A-roe

hey everyone,

haven't posted in a long while. been sort of stuck away from playing for the last year. anyhow, i just moved and right down the street from me they make adamas picks.

they sell them in packs of 12 or 16, i can't remember exactly. i was thinking to buy up a bag (or several bags, depending on the interest) and i wanted to see if anyone want one or two for themselves. i have never gotten one before due to the crazy prices on ebay. i just haven't been able to pay 8 bucks for one.

so, anyone interested? i was thinking that something like $2 or $3 a pick should cover postage and the paypal cut. if you have another idea of how to handle payment, i'm open to anything. depending on how many people want them, maybe the cost could come down. i'm not trying to make money or anything, just thinking to spread the love - easy access to the picks.

let me know if anyone is interested...take it easy.

-J
 #134875  by jack-A-roe

no kidding genius. :lol: that is what i'm talking about.

to spell it out for you:

i'm going to go buy a bag of picks. if anyone wants some, i'll have extras. i'm probably going to keep 4, so i'll have eight left. if anyone wants one or two or a couple and not an entire bag, let me know and you are welcome to my extras...

like a said in the previous post, let me know if anyone wants any of my extras. i don't need all 12, just 4.

let me know, take it easy...
 #134966  by Jon S.

They're the perfect thickness for me and I have a bunch in reserve (though truth be known prefer the Telefunkens).
 #134988  by milobender

They're the perfect pick for me... I've worn a dozen of them out now... but I bought a lifetime supply when the 'lost stock' showed up a few years ago... I thought about trying to 'reshape' the worn ones, but I think I have enough not to worry about it "o)
 #135006  by Rusty the Scoob

jack-A-roe wrote:no kidding genius. :lol:
Might want to ease back on the sarcasm and take your own advice...
jack-A-roe wrote:take it easy...
Don't get offended if a lot of people don't jump on your offer on the first day, most of us daily users have these picks already and the forum tends to move rather slowly and politely. :peas:
Last edited by Rusty the Scoob on Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #135007  by phpbb

Rusty the Scoob wrote:the forum tends to move rather slowly and politely. :peas:
that sums it up
 #135008  by jack-A-roe

ooops. no bad intentions. i can definitely tone the sarcasm back, happily. sorry if any were offended, not the intention. that is the problem with the many interpretations of a written phrase. didn't mean to come off harshly, mea culpa. my bad.

so, anyhow, all i was trying to do is offer an alternative route to the $7.99 a pick ebay auctions for those that don't wanna shell out $16 for 12 picks and just want one or two.

how about this, to assure all that there isn't any money making going on in this particular sweet pick-racket i am trying to start, if anyone wants picks they are:

$16.03/12= $1.3358333333333333333333333333333 each plus the cost of a stamp. envelope on me. round up or down, the choice is up to you...

sorry again about being too sarcastic. yeah, right, that was REALLY what i meant. sure. :-)
 #135010  by schmidtz

I've been trying to buy them off of the Dunlop website for the last week now, but every time I click "Checkout", I'm directed to some error page... have any of you actually tried to get all the way to the checkout page with some of these in your cart?
 #135011  by jack-A-roe

you could try giving them a call on the phone. i called last week to find out how long it would take before a bag o' twelve would be ready for pickup and the lady said if i placed the order before 1pm i could pick them up anytime after 3pm.

so that would make me think that they actually have them in stock there. so give the phone route a shot if the website doesn't end up working out.

good luck.
 #135014  by Tony6Strings

I wish that Dunlop would make some graphite Jazz 3's. I'd like to give the Adamas a whirl for tone purposes but I can't imagine giving up the control of the jazz III, it's become an integral part of my technique.
 #135015  by jack-A-roe

i second the jazz III shaped adamas picks idea. that would be a dream pick...
 #135033  by Mr.Burns

You guys need Telefunkens. They make more than the standard shape, even a tear drop shape and in thicknesses going all the way up to 3.0 mm. Plus the page they sell from has pictures of JK and Jeff Mattson and other folks who use the picks, including Phish and Derek Trucks(not sure when or for what guitar Mr. Trucks is actually using a pick). I gotta say, if Jer were still here, I feel like he would rather use these reverse engineered German masterpieces of injection molding than a re-issued Dunlop product. I know everyone is reluctant to use a product that didn't exist yet in 1995, but they sell 6 packs, and they are AMAZING picks. I have 17(gave one to a friend), and I feel like I have a lifetime supply. $40 is a small price to pay for having high quality precision picks for the rest of my life.