#134580  by Jon S.

Anyone try or doing this? How did or it work/ing for you? Thanks.
 #134581  by Marleyboy

Works fine , pretty close to the same speaker. I sometimes use a all hemp e120 with a paper (aluminum) k but I like 2 hemp (alluminum dome) e120s the best. I know a lot of people prefer the k but im an e guy. I have a tone tubby cab with an e and a k ill sell . Any interest ? And the e is from Steve Perrish .
 #134583  by Smolder

interesting idea... I'd like to hear if anyone has done this as well (before I get rid of my 2 - 2x12's). I like the K... sweeter tone, but my guess is the E cuts through the band much better inspire of (to me) sounding a bit harsh and sterile unless really driven... which I don't get to do much. The combination might be the best of both worlds - not sure which one is louder (db's).
 #134585  by Jon S.

By a week from today, I'll let you know what I think of the two together. ;)
 #134587  by Smolder

I actually have a few of each of those... K's and E's, but both of my 2x12's are vintage avatar cabs... and the bass resonance in those is so huge that they aren't really appropriate JBL's towards Jerry tone.
 #134598  by NSP

I've been using a K and an E in my 2x12 for a long time and love it.

Here's a sample - https://soundcloud.com/nsplayer-1/help-slip-franklins

Although I'll have to admit that the benefit I really enjoy is the weight factor... 2 E's in my HT cab and that suckers heavy, you'd be surprised how much lighter it feels with one of each.
 #134729  by Jon S.

The results are in. K120 & E120:

#134851  by Griffyote

by NSP » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:25 am

I've been using a K and an E in my 2x12 for a long time and love it.

Here's a sample - https://soundcloud.com/nsplayer-1/help-slip-franklins

Although I'll have to admit that the benefit I really enjoy is the weight factor... 2 E's in my HT cab and that suckers heavy, you'd be surprised how much lighter it feels with one of each.

That sounds frigging great NSP !!!