rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#134687  by Jon S.
 Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:09 am
rugger wrote:You're really making some nice looking instruments. I would love to play one someday.

john in san diego
Me, too, though mine will be sooner than "someday." ;)
 #134695  by rugger
 Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:00 pm
Jon S. wrote:
rugger wrote:You're really making some nice looking instruments. I would love to play one someday.

john in san diego
Me, too, though mine will be sooner than "someday." ;)
Oooh, intrigue...do you have one on order?

john in san diego
 #134741  by Ross66
 Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:40 am
Wow Jon are you in for a treat! I own the guitar pictured in this thread it's a dream to play and tone is spot on. I have a Mac rig with SMS
JG mod and I can't put it down. Thanks again Leo!! Still very satisfied!
 #134745  by Jon S.
 Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:52 am
Ross66 wrote:Wow Jon are you in for a treat! I own the guitar pictured in this thread it's a dream to play and tone is spot on. I have a Mac rig with SMS
JG mod and I can't put it down. Thanks again Leo!! Still very satisfied!
Don't you know I know it?! (And BTW, my main rig currently is a FYD into an MC50 into dual 1X12s with a K120 and E120. My backup rig is an SMS into a Carvin DCM200L into the same cabs. I told the gear about the Wolf in the works, it's drooling now, too. :P ).
 #134772  by Tbrogit
 Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:54 am
Jon,
When you get your Wolf can I come over to see:). Im compiling all the wood for my first Wolf build and would love to see the real deal.
Trev

Leo and Chris Monck have been really helpful on tips to get me started.
 #134799  by Jon S.
 Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:25 am
Sure, friends are always welcome.

Regarding build pics, while I have a couple, I'm going to withhold posting them until I have my final axe in hand. To quote the wisest individual I know - a true wizard:
“Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder."

Gandalf (J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King)
:smile:
 #134929  by Grant
 Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:21 am
Wow I've never seen that photo - right when he got it back from Irwin (ca. Sept 77...?)
I think that's my all time favourite Garcia photo. Thanks!