#133363  by Marleyboy

Leo has done it again ! I've had my new rosebud for about a month now . I wanted to spend some time with it before I really could give it a proper review . Cosmetically it is flawless but I'm a very finicky player . I always find something I don't like with amps ,guitars ,pedals ,cables so on. I bought a wolf from Leo a year ago and love it but this rosebud is just a dream to play ! I had kinda a special order neck and Leo nailed it ! I can't find anything I would change . Get one !!
 #133519  by Marleyboy

Ill post some video and more photos soon . I've been real busy , just havnt really been able to get on the board much .
 #133626  by Pfallon

Looks sweet! who is LEO? is it intonated? the saddles look out of position.
 #133717  by softmachine72

I certainly hope it is now, because James has been gigging with it for a few months. At the time of that pic I do not think it was. You can't get anything past the Rukinders .
 #133904  by Jerry1996x

Man, thats beautiful. I don't think ive ever seen a Rosebud (or Tiger) copy with such an accurate carved top, really awesome.
 #134106  by softmachine72

thanks, I have really tried to focus on the carving. I do it all with gouges and scrapers.
 #134115  by jalevinemd

As the proud owner of one of his Tigers, I can honestly say that Leo's body contour carvings are examples of simply amazing woodworking skills!
 #134320  by Marleyboy

I should mention , the video I posted was first gig with new set up and It actually sounds a lot better now . I literally got the rack delivered hrs before and that was my test run . I notice it sounds better with output on SMS lower (around 10 oclock ) and more gain (around 2 o'clock ) it wasn't really cutting through and I don't think I was pushing the speakers enough . Anyway , just wanted to be accurate here . Its all clean , no effects used on this one .

Sfg rosebud
SMS classic ( Garcia )
Qsc cx 4
Hard truckers jg1 ( jbl E120 hemp cones )

I since have added a bk butler real tube reverb . The SMS reverb sound good to me at lower levels but after 11-12 o'clock it sounds kinda pingy . Just my opinion . I guess while I'm at it ill run through the rest of the rig . Not that it really matters as I'm not using any effects in the video but here it is :

Black cat vibe rack unit , cae super trem rack unit , pigtronix mission duel expression pedal , wheel junction box, mutron 3 mod by fx doctor ( highly recommended , great customer service as apposed to some others ) rmc 1 wah , Ernie ball volume (buffer mod) ,korg pitch black ,Analogman mini bi-comp,boss oc-2 (Japan ) ,byoc divided octave, golden path true bypass loop for tone sucking Morpheus bomber (whammy thing), celestial effects Scorpio (with mid mod), ts9 tube screamer with Analogman silver mod,Kruger distortion plus clone , mxr scrip distortion plus , mxr script phase 100, Analogman rej project delay, cave dweller delay . Backup guitar pederson custom guitars ns 2