#133241  by tatittle

Great, thanks for posting. Its even got a 90 degree on the right end it looks like.
 #133308  by Tennessee Jedi

this is how mine is rigged up
90* on the guitar end
I guess its partly on how the junction box is designed and set up
 #133315  by tatittle

Yes, that would depend merely on where the send/return jacks were being plugged in I imagine. For me straight ends there are not an impedement to the level a straight end at the guitar would be. Most guitars with OBEL's have flat jackplates I believe, and on the top of the body to boot, so a straight end plug really sticks out and gets in the way (likely causes more wear on the connections too b/c of the cable bending). I could use a cable with 90 degree jacks on the box ends with my current set-up, but there it becomes merely a minor pedalboard space issuue rather than potentially affecting playing. And straight ends are often preferably with loop boxes I have seen.

There are folks with alot more OBEL experience than me, but I cant imagine holding out for 3 x 90 degree jacks in any scenario, whereas I would for the guitar end. That said, choice is one of the good things about capitalism, and America,...it allows me to tailor my life as I best see fit, rather than tailor it to the choices others (totally unaware of my circumstances) have made. Thus, having both available is potentially better of course--but if only 1 is available I would choose as you have it.