When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #133147  by Billbbill

Thought I'd share this - finally got about 3/4 of a show in a real cool 4 camera shoot - here's the first clip we've gotten back.

#133153  by easytoslip

most excellent! I'd be stoked. I like your guitars, sounds good! One of the best things about getting videoed, besides getting to share/show off, to me...two things: you've got a piece of your history in a bit less of a flat dimension than something like photos or writing, fun looking back years later especially if you have even the smallest amount of 'proud' in what you did. second, you can tweak your performances in the future, improvement. Always nice to have that perspective of what others are seeing so you can align with how you want to put yourself out there, which hopefully aligns with stuff that's true to your inner self! thanks for sharing :wink:
 #133155  by jester536

Wow...great performance and great video. The multiple camera aspect really takes it up a notch. I am once again humbled by the talent out there. You guys sound phenomenal and would love to get to see you sometime...but unless you're playing in Montana sometime soon...the vid will have to suffice. Thanks for sharing.
 #133336  by Billbbill

easytoslip wrote:most excellent! I'd be stoked. I like your guitars, sounds good! One of the best things about getting videoed, besides getting to share/show off, to me...two things: you've got a piece of your history in a bit less of a flat dimension than something like photos or writing, fun looking back years later especially if you have even the smallest amount of 'proud' in what you did. second, you can tweak your performances in the future, improvement. Always nice to have that perspective of what others are seeing so you can align with how you want to put yourself out there, which hopefully aligns with stuff that's true to your inner self! thanks for sharing :wink:
Exactly right! I'd add that it's also good band promo which was certainly up there in our thinking when we plunged for the expense - kinda a no brainer to do - only question was were we gonna 'rise to the occasion' performance wise and I think we did - more to come!
jester536 wrote:Wow...great performance and great video. The multiple camera aspect really takes it up a notch. I am once again humbled by the talent out there. You guys sound phenomenal and would love to get to see you sometime...but unless you're playing in Montana sometime soon...the vid will have to suffice. Thanks for sharing.
Tx Jester - if we ever get out that way we'll have certainly 'made it'! :)
Tennessee Jedi wrote:Bill is playing better than ever !

I saw this on FB - the band is tight and sounding great
:smile:
TY TJ - we all keep plugging away!
hippieguy1954 wrote:Excellent! Bravo! :smile:
Thanks HG!
James-T wrote:Wow. That's some sweet musicianship!

What is your guitar rig? What wolf are you playing?

Peace.

James
Thanks James! Lemme give this a shot but I'm still a bit of a gear-idiot.
Guitar is by Troy Post - postguitars.com and a member here. Loosely based on wolf design wise with buffer (I swapped out the original for waldo's), OBEL and 3 Dimarzios.

Guitar send > DIY Stratoblaster pedal (usually set around 12:00) > pedalboard (I use a 5 junction loopmaster switcher thingy) Boss Dual Distortion SD2 w/remote footswitch > Visual Sound Tap Delay > Boss Dynamic Filter (Envelope) > Boss OC-2 Octaver > DIY MXR Distorion + > Guitar > Boss FV 50H volume pedal > Fender Twin Blackface custom head w/ 'jerry mods' (whatever they are!) > 2x12 cab JBL M-121-8's

I essentially have 3 different distortion sounds - both of the channels on the boss dual I have the drive virtually all the way down. That gives me some slight breakup to otherwise clean tone (crunch setting) and still some pretty nasty dirt when needed on the 'Lead' setting. And the classic MXR Distorion + sound when called for.
 #133337  by James-T

Well that's a great plug for Troy Post.

You guys sound great, really tight and it's great inspiration for us mere mortals to get out and play more.

I'm discovering myself the need for some dirt even when playing clean and you've got a crisp tight killer tone going!

What are you using for amplification? Oops see that. Blackface. No wonder it sounds so great!

How's the neck on Troy's guitars?

Peace, :smile:

James
 #133341  by Billbbill

Neck is nice - I'd say middle of the road - not too thin, not too fat. Real nice feel to it. I brought it down to a luthier in manhatten (troy's in VA) for the once over and he raved about the quality and workmanship. Trying to add some pics from when I got it but it's not letting me..