#131415  by caspersvapors

was looking at the episode titles for the upcoming and final Breaking Bad season and one instantly jumped out at me.

The title of the last episode is simply "Felina"

What can we infer from this? Pretty much the only reference to the name Felina is the song El Paso, which tells the story of a cowboy, who kills another cowboy over a woman and later returns to town only to be killed by a gang of cowboys. Dying peacefully with Felina by his side.

We know from the flash forward scenes, Walt has returned to HIS El Paso. With a REALLY big gun. Who are the cowboys? Who is Felina?

man = Walter
cowboy = hank?? jesse??
gang = neo nazis???
felina = lydia??
 #131421  by tcsned

And on this date in 1895, John Wesley Hardin was shot and killed by on off-duty deputy in El Paso, TX.

Wild times in that west Texas town of El Paso
 #131422  by gmchart

Geez, I thought this site and MSNBC gave me all the news I needed to know.....I'm gonna have to start payin' attention.
 #131440  by Smolder

DenverEd wrote:I ran this theory past my wife and she instantly said, it's an anagram of "Finale."
D'oh!
Agreed... there is an implicit and clever sense of humor in how this show is titled and delivered. My favorite word twist being the episode entitled 'faceoff'.
 #131462  by mttourpro

I copy/pasted this from a different site about a week ago.

Originally Posted by matthewakaiser
So, the last episode is called "Felina".

Which, in the Marty Robbins/GD cover song "El Paso", is the name of the woman the narrator is in love with.

In the song, the narrator kills a guy over Felina, and has to skip town and go into hiding. While in hiding, he keeps pining over her.

Then, in the last verse, his love for Felina draws him back to El Paso, even though he knows he's gonna be killed if he returns. As he rides into town, a posse catches up to him, and shoots him dead.

So.... Walt kills Hank, skips town, Czechs grab Skyler while he is gone, hold her hostage. Walt pines over her (arranging bacon like she used to) and decides to return and save Skyler, armed with an M60. he does, and is killed by the DEA/Czech connect.

That's my theory.

Felina is finale with the letters switched up. Could be a GD reference though.
 #132735  by James-T

As reported by CNN today:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/27/showbiz/t ... ?hpt=hp_t3
The "Felina" theory
Sunday's final episode is titled "Felina," which has sent the Internet scurrying to decode its potential meanings. One resourceful writer for Previously.TV has unearthed a Marty Robbins song, "El Paso," which has a character named Felina. In the song a jealous cowboy kills a rival who was flirting with his love, Felina, in a bar.

Two flash-forward scenes have offered clues about what might happen to Walt in Sunday's finale.
The cowboy flees town alone before returning for Felina some time later, only to be shot down in a face-off with five unseen men. Felina, says the writer, is a metaphor for Walt's criminal life -- the seductive power he feels when he's earning respect and millions of dollars.
Then again, "felina" is also an anagram for "finale." So it may just mean Gilligan is messing with us.
 #132756  by caspersvapors

woot woot

although after thinking about it more you could say in the end, Walt's "Felina" turned out to be his true love - chemistry. Its what he is finally able to admit to Skylar and himself: "I was good at it. I felt...alive." He dies surrounded by his lab equipment - his Felina by his side.