Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #132537  by jeffm725
 Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:52 am
I am looking for two (but would be happy to score just one neck) pickup for a Travis Bean TB1000.
 #132592  by drkstrcrashes
 Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:48 pm
I assume that you are looking for the double humbucker types found in the 1000S and 1000A guitars? The ones with metal covers? if so, it would be a miracle to find one. The next best thing is to ask this guy to make you a clone. Only bad thing is he won't stamp the words "Travis Bean" on the metal covers:

By any chance if you are looking for pickups to fit a TB500 model guitar, I actually have two originals that have never been used. Then I also have a pair of clones in white and a pair of clones in black.
Greg is a super nice guy. Not the fastest worker, but gets the job done and does it well. Good luck.
 #132606  by jeffm725
 Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:14 am
thanks guys, I am looking for the Humbuckers for the 1000s and 1000a for a good friend whos bday is coming up in a few weeks. Scott M from Max Creek/Mike Gordon Band/Kreutzmann trio. He has a 1000A that he played in late 70's before he got his Ibanez Musician. The neck pickup is shot. He is a big gearhead and a bunch of Creek fans want to surprise him with a gift at his BDAY show in late october. I have been charged with finding something he really WANTS, and I know hed love to have the Bean up and running again.

John I know if you can't find 'em nobody can!

What sucks is a pair of Humbuckers for the 1000 went on ebay just 10 days ago. I missed the listing by 2 days. They ended uo going for 515 and I certainly would have paid that.
 #132611  by waldo041
 Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:54 am
I would consider finding a good place to get it repaired. If it is just a rewind, that could save you some pennies. I'd try a shop like Brawers.