#13203  by Rev_Roach

Thinking a little about segues between songs lately.

On another thread someone mentioned doing Bird Song > Black Peter (and the other way around) which I thought sounded very interesting.

Some things I've been fooling around with:

China Cat > GDTRFB (right when the modulation happens C-D-E)
Cold Rain and Snow > Rocky Mountain Way
No Woman No Cry > Let it Be
Wharf Rat > Black Peter

Any other ideas? Seems like there could be an unlimited amount of fun transitions to play with.

#13205  by Jimkkc

If one is into alt. tunings, one could try Eyes>Little Martha (via Open D tuning capoed at the second fret).

#13208  by BlobWeird

My problem would be that I always play to the grateful dead. So therefore if the dead dont link it I dont. Which is why I wish I had a band. Or a looper or somethin to that effect. But that wharf>Peter sounds awesome. Right after the Ill get up and fly away just slow right into the Black Peter. Just an idea

#13209  by GratefulFloyd

yea i always try and find ways to link the songs i can play (i play acoustic) i've been fooling around with Eyes > Sugar Magnolia > He's Gone. it sounds awesome, and its somewhat easy.

#13211  by bodiddley

HCS>ChinaCat>GDTRFB>Cumberland>IKYR or SugMags>Scarlet>Foolish>Franklin's>FOTM>SSDD

#13227  by amyjared

Three of my faves:

Southbound>Mustang Sally
Can't Always Get What you Want>Walk on the Wild Side
Pump it Up>Subbteranean Homesick Blues

#13241  by Rev_Roach

wow, Can't Always Get What You Want > Wild Side caught my eye right away. looks fun, better try it later.

#13253  by ronster

Some that I like:
Moring Dew>Terrapin jam>El paso, I saw DSO do this about a week after I started fooling around with it. We both play the A B C# D el paso intro right after the E Eb D finish on the terrapin jam. Only differnce is they sound way better.
My Favorite things>he's gone>stella>GDTRFB
Embryonic journey>Hillbillies on PCP>white room>Playin' in the band
Gamorah>estimated jam>estimated (finish gommarah with a lead in G into the GFC chords into the main GCGFC california lead of estimated into the F#m start very nice

#13261  by tigerstrat

Shakedown Street> Been Caught Stealin'> Also Sprach Zarathustra(2001)> Shakedown

and

Other One> Sabbath Bloody Sabbath> Over, Under, Sideways, Down> Other One>

#13273  by amyjared

Shakedown Street> Been Caught Stealin'> Also Sprach Zarathustra(2001)> Shakedown

and

Other One> Sabbath Bloody Sabbath> Over, Under, Sideways, Down> Other One>
Tigerstrat, I so want to see YOUR band!

#13287  by b weird

I love El Paso> Me & My Uncle, Friend Of The Devil> I Know You Rider, and Dire Wolf> Werewolves In London would be could (I just downloaded the 5-11-78 show with Werewolves and I was totally blown away.)