name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #126765  by humboldt

Hey Now:

I'm sorry, not a musician, can't play a lick and my singing skills are even worse, but I did manage a band, Lost Circus, for about 14 months or so in Southern California, around 1980. Hope I am still welcome here.

The Circus actually played some popular venues and were on the way to some bigger and better days before the bass player tripped out on some bad acid and ended up at the regional "developmental center" for a few months and the rest of the band ended up in petty fights and bickering...in other words, a typical band.

Discovered the dead as I spent a few years hanging out on the Lost Coast -- for those of you wandering, but not lost -- that's a portion of fabled Humboldt County, California, known for the high quality of it's agricultural products. That was back in the ancient years, the 1970s. Humboldt was a strange place in those days, not a lot of women to share, but we did have a lot of wine. Ah, the days (and nights).

Number of Dead Shows....hmmm....would it be easier if I recounted the number of shows that I remember completely?

That would probably be two. One a summer gig in Ventura, CA about 1981 and a second in Long Beach, CA, along about that same time frame. I was dating an LDS woman, who somehow I convinced to love the dead, but she did not love many of the things that go with the band....and that included any better living through chemistry. We finally parted ways and I ended up with a Danish farm girl from Humboldt County who had a real green thumb.

Ah, well, favorite tunes would be Ramble On Rose, Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad (yeah, I know it is actually Woody's song), Eyes of the World, It Must Have Been the Roses.
 #126767  by tcsned

Welcome aboard!
It's all good we take all kinds here :-)
 #131445  by Griffyote

Hey humbolt, welcome. Just down the road in Mendocino here.