#130754  by hippieguy1954

Anyone ever seen or heard anything about these? I've done some research and have only come up with this: http://www.bazaar-world.com/guitar-amp- ... -craftsman

Sounds great. Measures about 60 watts out put. No tremolo or reverb. 4 preamp tubes and 2 power tubes. Here are some photos.

#130756  by tcsned

Mesa Boogie used to make a Nomad amp but that looks to be something different. I vaguely remember the name from the 80s but I'm not sure . . .
 #130758  by schmidtz

I had a Mesa Nomad (it was just recently stolen, along with some of my other goodies) -- This isn't that, though it is very reminiscent of the early Son of Boogie's...
 #130765  by TI4-1009

When I first looked at the control panel I thought "Mesa".

Or:

#130770  by hippieguy1954

It's some sort of "mesa" off shoot, I think. I've looked at some images ,online, of early mesa boogie amps with the amp out of the cabinet. Looks very similar to this.
I picked it up off CL for $250. I wanted to have a small combo amp for the purpose of not having to move my whole rig when I'm only going to a small jam that isn't too important.
It's not real heavy like a twin but it isn't light either, LOL! Feels like about 50 lbs.
I put new tubes in it, biased the power ones and it sounds great except for the speaker. The speaker is an old Eminence designed for Fender. Doesn't sound too bad, but it will be replaced with a D120 at some point.
 #130777  by PaulJay

I thought I remember Carvin making a Nomad.
 #130778  by hippieguy1954

Yes, Carvin did make a Nomad, but I looked into it and this is not a Carvin. Even the amp chassis and layout is totally different. So is the cab, knobs, etc. Not even close to this.
Thanks for the input!
 #130790  by hippieguy1954

cripeowner wrote:Nomad was a 1980s company started by a former Mesa employee. http://www.jedistar.com/jedistar_amp_dating_n.htm
Thank you very much, cripeowner! Very much appreciated. In all my searching, I didn't see that. Very interesting. Seems like (according to the info in the link you provided and the one I posted) this is an amp made by a mesa boogie guy/employee.
Thanks again :smile: