#130755  by hippieguy1954

I put this together during the last year when I had time. Kind of a cross between Alligator and Wolf 2.1.

I'm certainly not a luthier by any stretch, but this came out alright considering I only had to finish the body and put it all together including the electronics.

One piece (100 yr old) Louisiana swamp ash body. 100% pure tung oil finish.
Carvin neck (12" radius with jumbo frets).
Schaller bridge and tuners. Love the bridge.
Ash control knobs.
Wolf (head stock) sticker from China.
Fender custom shop '69 pickups in neck and middle. Demarzio true velvet in the bridge position.
OBEL
Wald Electronics buffer.
Battery box on back that opens up the control cavity when taken out!

Has great action. Intonates perfectly. Sounds great.

#130757  by tcsned

Sweet guitar! I love those Schaller bridges, I have it on two of my guitars.
 #130760  by hippieguy1954

tcsned wrote:Sweet guitar! I love those Schaller bridges, I have it on two of my guitars.
Thanks tcsned!

Yes, they are great bridges. Nice string break angle and excellent adjustability.
 #130763  by mgbills

Nice Job!
Looks like it was fun as well.
 #130767  by hippieguy1954

mgbills wrote:Nice Job!
Looks like it was fun as well.
Thank you, mgbills! It was fun indeed! The best part is playing it!
 #130771  by hippieguy1954

mkaufman wrote:Did you make the body or did you find it somewhere? I'd like to find one for a project.

mk
I did not make the body. I would love to be able to have all the tools and the time to do so, but it would eat into my playing too much and my bank account, LOL. Ya need a band saw just to cut out the body, etc., etc. That's why I bought the neck and body.

After a lot of looking I found the body here: http://www.bhefner.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=89 No affiliation.

Nice people to deal with, fair prices and if you call or email and ask for a one piece body, you will get it. They will basically make what ever you want.
I bought the body in November 2012 unfinished (needed final sanding and finish) for $120. I don't know what the prices are now. The web site will let you know.
Edit: I did make the jack plate. :smile:
Also, I should have told B. Hefner I didn't want the string through holes in the body.
 #130791  by hippieguy1954

Winterland wrote:You need to start a business! great work.
Thank you, Winterland. Much appreciated. I would only do this stuff for myself or a friend. I'd rather have someone do it for me, but that costs twice as much and I'm very frugal, LOL!
 #130792  by hippieguy1954

mkaufman wrote:How much does is weigh?

mk
Well MK, I'm not sure cause I don't have a scale, but it is heavier than my standard strat (alder body, blocked trem, stratoblaster with battery). Feels like about 7 or 8lbs. But again, I'm not sure. It is not a light weight guitar, that is for sure.
 #130925  by Jon S.

Beautiful! We have to meet and jam someday so I can hear it! :smile:
 #130930  by hippieguy1954

Jon S. wrote:Beautiful! We have to meet and jam someday so I can hear it! :smile:
Thank you very much, Jon S! Much appreciated! Sounds like a plan to me. I'm always looking for "like minded" people to jam with!
I will also try to post some audio clips when I get the time. I've been wondering how people post audio utilizing a link you click on that opens up the little windows media player. I figure it out eventually.
 #139992  by hippieguy1954

I've had this wooden pick guard around forever and decided to switch it out for the pearloid. I had to take the neck off cause you can't flex it to get under the fret board. Other than that, it's a good fit and slightly thicker than a three ply Fender pearloid.
Definitely a different look, but I like it, so it's a keeper on this guitar. The pickups were changed a while back (when it still had the pearloid pickguard) from the Fender custom shop '69 neck and middle, true velvet bridge to all David Allen VooDoo 69's.