#130105  by Capt Rosebuddy

Yep wolf, same photos in the B Jackson book. Although Garcia was playing the Bean at the Golden Gate gig in september.
 #130107  by mkaufman

Do we know the date of these photos? I'm guessing it's from the 1st half on '75 at one of the sessions:

http://db.etree.org/db/shows/browse/art ... /year/1975

btw... there seem to be more '75 sessions on Etree than I remember.

It would be nice to know when JG started playing the TB and tie it to a particular session.

mk
 #130108  by Capt Rosebuddy

playingdead wrote:Love the carton of Marlboros on the Rhodes. Amazing how close together they were sitting during those sessions.
The best part of breaking up is getting back togeather!

So when did the Bean show up?
 #130109  by playingdead

The consensus seems to be that Garcia played the Wolf at the Great American Music Hall gig in August of 75 -- after the record was done, presumably -- and the Bean showed up on stage in September. So it's likely that the Bean is not on the record. But who knows for sure? He could've done overdubs with it.

Interesting that there was only one drum kit there ... and that Mickey Hart is credited with percussion and "crickets" on the back -- good story about the live crickets getting loose during the session -- but his picture is not part of the illustration on the back cover. Although that does not look at all like Phil, either ... LOL

#130110  by Pete B.

I happen to own an exact copy of that guitar stand.
:cool:
 #130116  by playingdead

That photo was determined to be from early 1976 in a long thread a few years back ... Capitol Theater, I think. I can't remember the exact details but after exhaustive analysis I think the drum kits were the big clue -- number of toms, mushroom stickers on Kreutzmann's toms that were not there on 9-28-75, all that good shit. LOL
 #130136  by mkaufman

I may be wrong, but I thought I saw this photo and one more that were mentioned to be from GAMH. Was the other photo in the recent Rolling Stone mag, taken from farther back? I'll see if I can find that information.

Dead.net pics shows 3/23/75 with Wolf and 9/28/75 with TB. GAMH was 8/13/75.

mk
 #130143  by ebick

Anyone have the Blues For Allah bonus tracks that they'd care to share?
 #130155  by Sparechaynge

Ed, I've got the ones from the reissue CD if you want them. There is a TON of stuff on archive.org, I haven't checked etree in a while but I can only imagine that it's the same story there too.