Chat about Equipment Info
 #129979  by cSuttle

I know a little off topic, but ...

Normally when I'm making inlay everything turns out great. But ... I'm human so now and then I make mistakes. I had a wolf fretboard go astray on me and it had to be trashed. However, I hate throwing away great looking inlay. So today I cut out the 5th fret and turned into a key fob.

This is Real Mammoth Ivory on ebony. What do you guys think, would anyone what to buy these?
 #129980  by tcsned

Looks cool Cliff! I'd buy one :)
 #129982  by rugger

I dig that. Sign me up.

john in san diego
 #130010  by cSuttle

That's a pretty good response in a half a day. I was thinking $50 for the main frets (1-12), and $40 for the lower frets (15-24). Does that sound reasonable? I have ten frets and right now none of them are spoken for. So if there is a fret you'd like contact me at the web-site in my profile. The first fret (the bird) is Mother of Pearl, like on the wolf all the rest are 50,000 year old Mammoth Ivory. I'm not into dead elephants.
 #130012  by Pete B.

Maybe put holes in both ends and make it a necklace for our Kind Sisters.
 #130021  by cSuttle

Pete B. wrote:Maybe put holes in both ends and make it a necklace for our Kind Sisters.
Yeah, I haven't thought about that. The Bird would make a nice necklace.
 #130087  by jalevinemd

cSuttle wrote:That's a pretty good response in a half a day. I was thinking $50 for the main frets (1-12), and $40 for the lower frets (15-24). Does that sound reasonable? I have ten frets and right now none of them are spoken for. So if there is a fret you'd like contact me at the web-site in my profile. The first fret (the bird) is Mother of Pearl, like on the wolf all the rest are 50,000 year old Mammoth Ivory. I'm not into dead elephants.
Email sent
 #130154  by jalevinemd

cSuttle wrote:First patch being prepared to ship.

Cliff,

Which frets are these from? Trying to figure out which one is mine. :-)
 #130163  by TI4-1009

Ooh ooh! Mine upper right?!
 #130210  by cSuttle

jalevinemd wrote:
cSuttle wrote:First patch being prepared to ship.

Cliff,

Which frets are these from? Trying to figure out which one is mine. :-)
The upper left is the 3rd fifth fret, the upper right is the 12th. The one in the middle is the 9th and the bottom one is the 5th. The 5th fret is not spoken for yet.