Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Chat about Equipment Info
 #129795  by tigerstrat
 Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:21 pm
News does get around! :D
 #129830  by ebick
 Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:17 pm
jkstraw wrote:Story was shared (including a rukind mention) on Weir Here this evening.
Cool....wasn't able to catch this "episode". Any chance someone has that clip to post?
 #129846  by waldo041
 Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:25 pm
I see that Tom Lieber is allowing himself to be written as having a hand in Rosebud and Cripes "Bolt". Truth be told, and he cannot deny it, he was an apprentice to Irwin and did help in the initial work of Tiger but was long gone on his own years before it was delivered to Jerry. He had no hand involved in any of the ornamental work or even the glue together of the body and neck. He only rough cut the body halves and neck. Yes, he was there at Tigers infancy, was an Irwin apprentice, but was not who Jerry went to for work. The misinformation is being allowed to be written and is definitely the beefing up of a resume that is simply not true.

Tom Lieber has done and still does make some awesome instruments has some patents in the industry. Tom surely does not need to allow this, he has done good on his own, but he should not be inserting himself or allowing his name to be attached to things he has not done. He should be putting the credit solely on Irwin where it is rightfully deserved, or Cripe for that matter.

#130068  by Thomas Lieber
 Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:16 am
I do not get the opportunity to review no less edit anyone’s article. I have zero control over the copy written by others. So facts (true ones as well as false ones) get muddled often.

With regard to my personal history at Irwin guitars, I haven’t ever referred to being involved with the building of Rosebud or Crieps Bolt. The Rock Hall made a mistake when researching.

My credentials as a designer and builder of the modern electric guitar are displayed solely by my catalog of creations, not thru the co-opting of others life’s work!

Jerry's Wolf and Tiger were our times and our history and I believe it all to be a positive thing!