name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #129397  by TruckinThruTennessee

Greetings from Tennessee! I've visited this site religiously for years and decided it was time to say join. I play in a band called "uncle wades molliwog band". We cover quite a bout of dead. But even if a aren't I'm still using my Garcia-isms to wow the crowd. At only 19 years of age I've only got to hear stories of the dead, but I hope to make all you original dead heads proud. :hail:
 #129401  by PaulJay

You are welcome around here. Always good to have a youngin to carry on the tradition.
Last edited by PaulJay on Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #129404  by strumminsix

Yo! Welcome! Age 19 was when I first fell in love with the Grateful Dead. Almost 20 years ago now...
 #129409  by TruckinThruTennessee

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I just try to keep the deads music truckin on. I can tell I'm gonna like it here. I may not be able to see the dead but I've seen phish and the allman brothers twice. Like I said, I'm here to carry on a piece of the magic.
 #129418  by tcsned

Welcome aboard! This is a great place to learn and share. Enjoy!!
 #129546  by TruckinThruTennessee

Yeah man, I love Nashville, I've only been there once. I'm nestled in the Smokies with all the other Tree Huggers :smile:
 #129566  by strumminsix

What's that last guitar in your pics? Black with a long stretched triangle soundhole. Looks awesome!
 #129569  by TruckinThruTennessee

That is my Agile Harm 1. It's a workingman's Ric, it has three vintage toaster style mini-pups in it. The neck is maple with an ebony fret board with no inlays and the body is Semi-hollow Mahogany body with Maple Top. Sadly this model has been discontinued. I got from the rhythm player in my band. He decided to upgrade to an ES-335 and was going to pawn this one, so I scooped it up for 35 bucks. It can get you Weir tones all day, and it can even pull some Jerry tones. I love the mini pups, they have that twang but retain some low end to them. :peas:
 #129583  by strumminsix

TruckinThruTennessee wrote:That is my Agile Harm 1. It's a workingman's Ric, it has three vintage toaster style mini-pups in it. The neck is maple with an ebony fret board with no inlays and the body is Semi-hollow Mahogany body with Maple Top. Sadly this model has been discontinued. I got from the rhythm player in my band. He decided to upgrade to an ES-335 and was going to pawn this one, so I scooped it up for 35 bucks. It can get you Weir tones all day, and it can even pull some Jerry tones. I love the mini pups, they have that twang but retain some low end to them. :peas:
Very very cool! looks like a Bobby guitar!
 #129654  by mikelawson

I'm looking into venue options for my band Hooteroll in Knoxville, etc when school starts again over there. Maybe we'll run into ya
TruckinThruTennessee wrote:Yeah man, I love Nashville, I've only been there once. I'm nestled in the Smokies with all the other Tree Huggers :smile: