Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #129137  by Jon S.

Primo parts throughout, customized and assembled by renowned Baltimore luthier Phil Jacoby, finished by ex-PRS craftsman Chris Bavaria, and best of all - no up to a year or more wait!

This guitar is an awesomely built, stunning head-turner that sounds and plays even better than it looks! Though there is some natural oxidation on the brass parts, if there’s a scratch on the wood, I can’t find it. Price the parts and by-hand work yourself to appreciate what a deal this axe is. I’m selling it now only because Jacoby has since built me a second Jerrycaster totally by hand and that’s the only Jerry guitar I play now.

ooo

Specs:

- Warmoth WGD body, Malagasy rosewood top on ribboned mahogany w/maple pinstripe, rear Jacoby-cut custom Indian rosewood shielded backplate, Dunlop straplocks, gold jack plate

- Warmoth Pro angled neck with Jacoby-installed ebony cap, Brazilian rosewood fingerboard, custom-shaped headstock based on Doug Irwin’s Garcia guitars, rolled fretboard edges, 6150 true jumbo frets, custom-cut 1 11/16” brass nut, brass truss rod cover, comfortable 10-16” compound radius, original ’59 Roundback carve shaved-down-a-bit-by-Jacoby to perhaps a tad thicker now than a PRS wide-thin , Sperzel gold 3+3 Trimlok locking tuners

- bridge Dimarzio Super Distortion PUP, middle and neck Dimarzio Super 2’s w/brass 3-pickup ring

- Jack of Roses custom brass Irwin-style stoptail with Tone Pros Tune-A-Matic bridge

- on-board unity gain buffer (it's either a CAE CB1 or Wald Electronics unit, both are great, I have them in multiple guitars, I frankly can't recall now which is in this one :oops: ) w/internal, long-lasting, standard 9V battery

- Garcia-style on board effects loop (OBEL) w/dual jack outputs (1st = post-buffer/pre-guitar controls stereo effect loop in/out; 2nd = traditional post-controls mono out from guitar to amp; using the mono jack alone defeats the OBEL so the guitar is usable in any setting)

- 5 way switch with middle position being neck and bridge PUPs in parallel (LP middle position)

- volume and tone controls; pulling up tone control gives middle PUP alone (set the guitar Garcia style with the tone control up, pop it down for a full range of other tones)

- 3-way minitoggles for each PUP: split; full HB; both coils in parallel

- control cavity fully paint-shielded with metal foil on control backplate

- all custom work and electrical settings and wiring by Phil Jacoby personally using top shelf components like CTS posts and Switchcraft switches

- weight: approximately 8 ½ lbs. (using my admittedly inexact floor scale so consider this ballpark); and the guitar is set up to perfection

- Jackomo stickers for headstock, fretboard, and body (Rosebud) inlays (authentic-looking, high quality, long-lasting – I’ve never needed to replace them but if you do, they’re readily available and reasonably priced – the best of in class for these sticker types – easily added, easily removed)

- Coffin brand hard shell case included

Image (outdoors)

Image (outdoors)

Image (outdoors)
Last edited by Jon S. on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #129166  by Jon S.

Offers being considered but at present still available. Meanwhile, a few more pix ...

#129243  by Jon S.

SOLD