When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #129022  by tcsned

seamones, you are most of the way there. Instead of linking the FB page, you need to get to the image URL (an address that ends in .jpg), usually a right click and select view image source or view image, or copy link or some such thing, on my Mac and Safari control click and select open image in a new tab. Anyway, here is is :)

#129033  by mutant_dan

Nice Guild D25, always thought Jerry was a Martin guy before he want to the Alvarez-Yairi.
 #129080  by pablomago

The best acoustic guitar I've played lately was a Gibson Kris Krisofferson signature model. It was at Wildwood guitars here in Colorado. I could play anything on it and it sounded good. They kept telling me it need some adjustment and would sound better! From finger picking blues to DADGAD Celtic music it sounded amazing. Very impressive. But it wasn't in my price range and it's long gone. :cry:

Having said that, I own three Taylor's. After I got my first, I sold my Martin D-18 that sounded fabulous, but had the worst neck/action. I have a 512, an 812CE and a Rosewood Dreadnaught 12 string with a three piece back from the '80's. They all play so well and sound so good. A little shy volume-wise in an acoustic jam (except the 12 string), but I usually gig with the 812 and use the pickup and a Baggs preamp. (No internal preamp, Thank Dog.)

And having said that, If I had $3K or there abouts, I'd be visiting the Huss and Dolton shop.

Larivee makes some beautiful guitars as well. A friend used to be a dealer and I came real close to trading my Taylor 12 for one of theirs. Side my side, the Taylor just had something the Larivee didn't.

Play all the acoustics you can get your hands on until one whispers in your ear, "Take me home, big boy..."
 #129088  by vwjodyme

I ended up getting a Taylor and absolutely love it! It is everything I could want. I couldn't justify or afford a handmade, and this is perfect for me...for now :lol:
 #129095  by ccw3432

That's a great photo. I had no idea Jerry played a D25. They are really bright sounding guitars so I'm not surprised. I hadn't thought much about it but it was probably years of listening to Jerry's bright and clean electric tone that influenced me to buy one after playing it.
 #129127  by ccw3432

In case anyone would like to hear the Guild D25 I've posted a YouTube link that we did at an open mic. The sunburst guitar is the D25. The other guitarist is playing an Alvarez. http://youtu.be/TyZe85Ohuww[/youtube]
 #129689  by mikelawson

If you've got up to $2k to spend on an acoustic, you simply cannot go wrong if you hunt down a used Gibson SJ200. Its the grand piano of acoustics, and I absolutely love the sound of mine, Plus I have it setup super low action which makes it a real jewel to play. I also use a Gibson J160E which I modded with a blend knob replacing the tone knob, which blends the stock P90 pickup with a set of B-band pickups, giving me three total pickups to blend to get amazing sound with. For fingerstyle playing I use an Epiphone EF500RA Masterbilt model, with its wide fretboard and super-punchy tone. You can find these really nice guitars for $500 or so.