#128696  by playingdead

... I bet he'd have liked these BC Rich guitars. A little Irwin influence, perhaps?

I like the doubleneck. One with Super IIs and one with Dual Sounds. Best of both worlds.
 #128699  by jalevinemd

I'm a huge fan of vintage BCR's. Here's a shot of four Koa beauties of mine. I've sold the Mockingbird Supreme and the 10 string Bich.

#128700  by tcsned

I had a friend in high school that had a double neck. It was a awesome guitar. I may be wrong but I think it had a on-board distortion effect. I always thought that those Eagles would make a good Wolf.
 #128704  by jalevinemd

tcsned wrote:I had a friend in high school that had a double neck. It was a awesome guitar. I may be wrong but I think it had a on-board distortion effect. I always thought that those Eagles would make a good Wolf.
They've got an on board boost/pre-amp.
 #128710  by tcsned

jalevinemd wrote:
tcsned wrote:I had a friend in high school that had a double neck. It was a awesome guitar. I may be wrong but I think it had a on-board distortion effect. I always thought that those Eagles would make a good Wolf.
They've got an on board boost/pre-amp.
That's it! My memory was a little foggy, I think it was 1983 or so when I hung out with this guy.
 #128712  by JamminJommy

Tennessee Jedi wrote:.... how about a lot of Irwin vibe ?
I saw these at NAMM this year. The guy in the booth knew little about the luthier. Who makes them?

Peace,

Jommy
 #128721  by jalevinemd

tcsned wrote:
jalevinemd wrote:http://www.minarikguitars.com
I believe he came from BC Rich.
I don't think M.E. Minarik was ever affiliated with BC Rich. There's scattered statements on the Web saying he designed guitars for BC Rich but I'm not aware of any BCR guitar that he designed.
 #128743  by Pete B.

There was a brand new Minarik Godess for sale nearby a while back.
I really wanted to buy it, but it had so much bling on the neck, headstock, and binding, I couldn't bring myself to own it, although the wings were super cool looking.
I would have needed to add a middle pickup and split coils, etc...
 #129014  by mikelawson

I bought a Goddess from Mark @ the Summer NAMM Show in 2005 in Indy, because it looked vaguely like Jerry's body style, and I told Mark that's why I was buying it. He seemed genuinely surprised that people kept telling him that it was similar to Jerry's because he said he was basing it off of BC Rich things when he designed it. Its an import, not a "great" guitar but OK. I gave it to my son. He likes it. Ironically, the one I picked out on the floor of the show had the serial number 0731, and my birthday is 7-31. I've seen the US made version of the Goddess, it was made at Moonstone, and its much, much nicer with better woods and hardware, and a nitro finish vs poly.
 #129044  by tigerstrat

What do you mean by "if"? :cool: