name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #128574  by sotis

Tom up in northern MT just below the sask/alberta border. Les Paul, PRS, epi sg, Carvin Belair 212, Just got a yamaha thr10 for around the house
 #128578  by tcsned

Welcome Tom! This is a cool forum, lots to see, do, and think about.

What LP and PRS do you have? I've got a '78 LP Standard and an 89 PRS CE24. I love 'em both.

- Tom from Blacskburg, VA (tcsned)
 #128580  by Staemius

Welcome! - love Montana and have made couple trips there for fly fishing.
 #128590  by sotis

Thanks for the welcome,

Not from whitefish I'm about 200 miles East. I have a 2001 LP Classic and I just picked up a PRS se 245. I kinda live in the middle of nowhere (no dead fans) and have to order what I get. I'm impressed with the PRS though and someday would like to go try some out.
 #128592  by Pete B.

sotis wrote:Thanks for the welcome,
Not from whitefish I'm about 200 miles East.
Welcome to the group.
I used to play a gig in Jordan, MT (maybe near you?) and lived in Red Lodge, MT most of the 80's.
Cool,
Pete B.
 #128595  by jester536

Oh you're not in the middle of nowhere...a buddy of mine played a gig in Plentywood yesterday. That's a little closer to the middle of nowhere. I'm in Helena...not many Deadheads here but that's not stopping me from putting together a band with a Dead focus. Enjoy the forum.
 #128596  by sotis

Damn - Jordan MT!! That's more the central middle of nowhere I'm up north. I travel close to Plentywood on Tuesday (Glasgow) but we probably have as many places to get guitar strings here as they do in Plentywood... Zero. I was hoping to meet some MT people on this forum - I'm not a dead expert by any means but have been listening to them for longer than I'd like to admit. I've played with other people twice in the last 7 years and that was recently and had to travel to do it.
 #128597  by sotis

Hey Jester I just checked out your reverbnation stuff - excellent!
 #129365  by WharfRat42

Greetings Tom! Welcome to the most peaceful/relaxed forum in history, full of the very best information out there!
-Tom in CT
 #130331  by gratefuldw

moving to montana. greatfalls. are there any deadheads in that town? or am i going to be
isolated from family? anyone know?
 #130340  by jester536

I'm going to say that they're aren't many. Helena seems to only have a handful. Montana is beautiful and you will learn to love it. Welcome to the Big Sky country!